Connect with us

latest

“Outcry Grows As Full List Of Kidnapped Children In Borno Emerges”.

Published

on

Fresh accounts from parents and community leaders in Mussa village, Askira-Uba Local Government Area of Borno State, indicate that 51 children are now feared missing following a terrorist attack on the community on Friday.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

News reports that the assault, allegedly carried out by suspected Boko Haram/ISWAP fighters, targeted both schools and residential areas in the village.

According to Premium Times, a verified register obtained from the Mussa Ward councillor, Peter Wabba, initially recorded 40 missing children with their names, ages, and family details. However, further verification by community leaders later raised the figure to 51.

Parents said most of the abducted children are nursery and lower primary school pupils, with many still very young.

A resident, Bukar Buba, whose six-year-old daughter is among the victims, said only a few of the missing children are teenagers.

“Among the 51 missing children, only four are 15 years or older. Most are very young children, many under six,” he said.

Community members also disclosed that some of the victims are toddlers, intensifying fears over their safety.

Residents alleged that the attackers struck shortly after military personnel who had earlier been stationed in the area left the community.

“There’s another set of soldiers from Askira-Uba that usually comes to support their colleagues here in Mussa. The soldiers left between 7:15 a.m. and 8 a.m., and not quite 30 minutes later, the terrorists came,” Bukar said.

Another parent, Chinda Buba, said the gunmen stormed the school immediately after the soldiers departed.

“They came straight to the school, chased the pupils out, and the children scattered everywhere,” he said.

He added that while older pupils managed to escape, younger children were seized.

“They started picking the little children and loading them onto motorcycles,” he added.

Residents said the attackers arrived on about 18 motorcycles and completed the operation in less than 30 minutes, leaving the community in shock and mourning.

Parents described the situation as devastating, with many families struggling to cope with the trauma of the abduction.

“She is trying to cope, but it is very difficult,” Chinda said while speaking about his wife’s condition after their daughter was taken.

Affected families have appealed to the Federal Government, Borno State Government, and security agencies to intensify rescue operations and ensure the safe return of the children.

“We just want our children back home safely,” one parent pleaded.

Below is the list of some of the abducted students:

  1. Adams
  2. Musa
  3. Grace
  4. Rejoice
  5. Mommy
  6. Hezekiah
  7. Haruna
  8. Hanatu
  9. Emma
  10. Wadzani
  11. Amos
  12. Musa
  13. Jagula
  14. Omega
  15. Alheri
  16. Saratu (“Baby”)
  17. Ribecah
  18. Halita
  19. Joy
  20. Japari
  21. Apagu
  22. Ummy
  23. Grace
  24. Luka

According to Premium Times, some of the names of the abducted pupils were withheld for security reasons.

Advertisement

latest

Excitement In Rivers As Fubara Announces Promotion Opportunity For Workers.

Published

on

recent improvements introduced in the federal civil service.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The move is expected to further boost morale among workers and address long-standing concerns over career progression in the state workforce.

In the education sector, the Fubara administration recently employed 1,000 teachers for public schools across Rivers State.

The newly recruited teachers have completed orientation and training programmes ahead of their deployment to schools across the state.

The government has also commenced the recruitment of health workers as part of efforts to strengthen healthcare delivery in public hospitals and health facilities.

The administration said the recruitment and promotion exercises were part of broader efforts to improve service delivery, reward eligible workers and strengthen key sectors in the state.

Continue Reading

latest

APC Speaks Out On Yahaya Bello’s Screening Status.

Published

on

Former Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, was reportedly not cleared to participate in the All Progressives Congress (APC) senatorial primary after allegedly failing to appear before the party’s screening panel.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

According to reports, the development was contained in a list of screened APC senatorial aspirants from Kogi State said to have emerged from the party’s state secretariat.

Bello is currently facing two separate cases instituted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

One of the cases involves alleged money laundering amounting to ₦80.2 billion before Justice Emeka Nwite of the Federal High Court in Abuja.

He is also facing another 16-count charge bordering on alleged fraud and breach of trust involving ₦110.4 billion.

Sources within the party claimed Bello avoided the screening exercise to evade questions relating to the criminal allegations against him.

One source alleged that the former governor was disqualified after failing to participate in the screening process.

Another party source claimed that Bello’s clearance was affected by a section in the APC senatorial nomination form requiring aspirants to disclose any ongoing criminal investigations or cases.

The source further alleged that operatives of the EFCC were reportedly positioned around the party secretariat in anticipation of Bello’s possible appearance for the screening exercise.

Continue Reading

latest

Soludo Swears In 18 New Commissioners To Reshape Anambra Government.

Published

on

Anambra State Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, on Monday inaugurated 18 commissioners following their confirmation by the state House of Assembly.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The swearing-in ceremony took place at the Executive Council Chambers of the Government House, popularly known as the Light House, in Awka, the state capital.

Addressing the newly appointed commissioners after administering the oath of office, Soludo urged them to prioritise service delivery and view their appointments as a responsibility to the people rather than a personal achievement.

The governor described the new appointees as members of his “Team Solution 2.0” and encouraged them to uphold the “Anambra spirit” of excellence while remaining faithful to the oath they had taken.

According to Soludo, the responsibilities before them would require commitment, sacrifice, discipline, accountability, and prudent management of public resources.

He stressed that governance decisions made by the commissioners would directly affect millions of residents across the state and urged them to work collaboratively in achieving government objectives.

Soludo also noted that all the commissioners underwent a careful screening and selection process before their appointments were approved.

Among those sworn in were Ben Odoemena as Commissioner for Agriculture, Chukwukadibia Okoye for Budget and Economic Planning, Udoji Amedu for Culture, Entertainment and Tourism, and Dr. Ekene Ogugua for Education.

Others include Clem Aguiyi for Environment, Dr. Afam Obidike for Health, Dr. Law Mefor for Information and Value Reorientation, Prof. Offornze Amucheazi (SAN) for Lands, and Vin Ezeaka for Local Government and Community Affairs.

Also inaugurated were Prof. Charles Ofoegbu for Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Chijioke Oseloka Ojukwu for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Casmir Agummadu for Power, Okey Ezeobi for Works and Infrastructure, and Eddy Ibuzo for Transport.

The list further included Esther Onyekesi for Women Affairs and Social Development, Patrick Agha for Youth Development and Sports, Henry Arinze for Housing, and Nonso Chukwuma Ebonwu for Commerce.

Some of the commissioners, including Law Mefor, Afam Obidike, and Patrick Agha, served in Soludo’s first administration.

With the latest appointments, the number of commissioners in the Anambra State Executive Council has risen to 20, following the earlier inauguration of Tochukwu Nweke (SAN) as Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, and Izuchukwu Okafor as Commissioner for Finance.

The governor also swore in four agency heads during the ceremony, including Emeka Okonkwo as Managing Director of the Anambra Road Traffic Agency, Dr. Ossy Onuko for the Awka Capital Territory Development Authority, Fred Agbata for the Information Communication Technology Agency, and Obi Okonkwo for the Bureau of Public Procurement.

Soludo urged all appointees to work in unity, avoid wasteful spending, and ensure government policies translate into meaningful results for the people of Anambra State.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS