latest
Osun LG Crisis: Adeleke Orders APC Officials Out Of Council Secretariats.
Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has directed former chairmen and councillors elected on the All Progressives Congress (APC) platform to immediately vacate all local government secretariats across the state, describing their continued presence as illegal and in contempt of existing court rulings.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶
The governor issued the order in a statewide broadcast on Monday, stressing that the officials no longer have any legal authority to occupy the offices following their removal through judicial processes.
Governor Adeleke recalled that the Federal High Court in Osogbo nullified the APC-conducted local government elections of November 2022. The ruling was upheld by the Court of Appeal on February 10 and reaffirmed on June 13, 2025, leaving no doubt about the legal status of the APC-elected officials.
“The former chairmen and councillors have no legal backing to remain in office, having been removed through valid court rulings,” Adeleke said.
He added that, in compliance with the court judgments, the Osun State Independent Electoral Commission conducted fresh local government elections on February 22, 2025. The newly elected chairmen and councillors were sworn in the following day and remain the only lawful occupants of local government secretariats in the state.
“These duly elected officials are the only legitimate authorities at the local government level in Osun State,” the governor emphasized.
Adeleke further noted that even the former APC officials had acknowledged in court that their tenure expired in October 2025. Their recent attempts to extend their tenure, he said, only highlight that they no longer have a lawful mandate to govern.
“Their actions amount to a clear admission that they have no legal standing to occupy the offices,” he said.
The governor accused the ex-APC officials of forcibly occupying local government secretariats with the alleged support of armed police personnel reportedly acting on the instructions of former Governor Gboyega Oyetola. He also condemned reports of local government workers being harassed or assaulted while trying to resume duties.
“Any act of intimidation or harassment of workers is unacceptable, constitutes abuse of power, and poses a serious threat to democratic governance,” Adeleke warned.
Assuring residents of Osun State, the governor urged calm and promised that his administration would uphold court judgments, restore legality at the grassroots, and protect citizens’ rights and safety.
“Our government will not tolerate lawlessness. We will enforce the rule of law, restore order at the local government level, and ensure the safety of our people,” he said.
Adeleke added that the directive is part of efforts to safeguard democratic institutions and ensure governance at the grassroots operates strictly within the law.
latest
We Need Order Now: Aisha Yesufu’s Direct Warning To Atiku As Supporters Unleash Chaos!.
-
Public Appeal: Human rights activist Aisha Yesufu called on former Vice President Atiku Abubakar to rein in his supporters, accusing them of going on a social media rampage and targeting Peter Obi’s supporters, as well as herself.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶
-
-
Call for Decency: Yesufu expressed disappointment over the online hostility, noting that she and Atiku previously shared a political platform, and stressed that opposition figures should instead focus on challenging the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
-
2023 Campaign Reflection: Reviewing her active role in the 2023 presidential campaign, Yesufu noted that her primary goal had been to counter ethnic and religious narratives surrounding Obi’s candidacy and prove his viability to voters.
-
Shift in Strategy for 2027: Clarifying that she will not travel extensively for the upcoming campaign, Yesufu announced that her focus will instead be on grassroots mobilization, establishing robust polling unit structures, and helping voters monitor and protect their ballots through the collation process.
-
latest
Unbelievable Truth: Football Star Exposes Medical Battle Following Shocking Collapses!
-
Health Update: Bayern Munich and Germany winger Jamal Musiala has shared that he is recovering well after being diagnosed with “treatable absence seizures” stemming from a temporary neurological dysfunction.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶
-
-
Recent Incidents: The diagnosis follows two separate on-field collapses: one during a pre-season friendly against RB Leipzig, and a second occurrence just days later during a match against FC Heidenheim.
-
Reassurance to Fans: Taking to social media to ease supporters’ concerns, the 23-year-ord midfielder emphasized that the condition is manageable and does not pose a long-term risk to his health.
-
Team Response: During both incidents, quick-thinking teammates—including Harry Kane and Ismael Saibari—alongside medical staff swiftly stepped in to shield and assist Musiala before he walked off the pitch.
-
entertainment
Shocking Confession: Nollywood Actor Breaks Silence On Secret Meeting With Witches!.
-
The Revelation: During an appearance on the African A-List podcast, 48-year-old actor and filmmaker Kunle Omisore disclosed that he once attended a meeting with a witchcraft coven to resolve a dispute.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶
-
-
The Summation: Omisore explained that he was summoned after a coven member accused him of ruining something belonging to her—an allegation he denied, noting he had never met her prior to the incident.
-
Other Observations: Describing the gathering, he mentioned seeing individuals bound and carrying calabashes. He also contrasted his real-life experience with Nollywood’s typical depictions, pointing out that the members wore traditional iro and buba attire rather than heavily painted theatrical makeup.
-
-
latest12 months ago“Social Media Erupts As Jim Iyke Declares Rita Dominic Nollywood’s Most Beautiful”
-
latest2 years agoEdo Political Showdown: Oshiomhole Appears At Presidential Villa As Tinubu Hands APC Gubernatorial Flag To Okpebholo (Photos & Video)
-
entertainment2 years agoLove Knows No Age American Woman Defends Marriage To Young Nigerian Man “I’m Not 70”
-
latest2 years agoOlumide Akpata Strikes Again: Drops Killer Track, Sends Edo State Into Frenzy!(Video)
-
Politics3 years agoNigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Foresees Passing Away On A Sunday After Enjoying A Satisfying Meal Of Pounded Yam
-
latest2 years agoFG Identifies 31 States At Risk Of Heavy Flooding In 2024: See Full List
-
Politics3 years agoBREAKING: Inspector-General Of Police Summons Top Police Commanders For Crucial-Security Challenges
-
latest2 years ago5 NYSC Corpers Perish In Fatal Road Accident Returning From Camp
