Connect with us

latest

Wike’s Denial Shattered By Letter Inviting Him To PDP NEC Meeting

Published

on

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has denied receiving an invitation to the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), insisting he was unaware of the party’s planned national convention scheduled for November 15 and 16 in Ibadan, Oyo State.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Speaking during a television interview on Wednesday, Wike maintained that as a member of the NEC, no formal notice had been served on him regarding the meeting or the upcoming convention. He argued that proper procedures must be followed, adding that any NEC gathering held without notifying him would be open to challenge.

However, a letter dated July 10, 2025, signed by PDP National Secretary Samuel Anyanwu and addressed directly to Wike, shows the minister was formally invited to the 101st NEC meeting. The document, which included the date, time, and venue of the session, was acknowledged by his office on July 18 with an official stamp and signature.

The NEC, which is the party’s highest decision-making body, had earlier approved Ibadan as the venue for the PDP national convention where new members of the National Working Committee will be elected. Its membership comprises serving and former presidents, vice-presidents, governors, lawmakers, founding members of the party, state chairpersons, and members of the Board of Trustees.

Wike, when asked if he would attend the convention or support a parallel gathering, said the question was premature since due process had not been observed in summoning the NEC. “If no notice of meeting has been served on me as a member of NEC, I have every right to challenge that, and no one can deny me my rights,” he said.

The emergence of the invitation letter directly contradicts Wike’s public claim, adding a fresh twist to the internal tensions within the PDP.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

latest

POLITICAL FIRESTORM: The Secret Blueprint To Unleash Total Chaos In Kano!.

Published

on

All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain Abdulmumini Jibrin has alleged that members of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) are intentionally orchestrating unrest and turmoil in Kano as the 2027 general elections approach. This accusation follows provocative incidents where symbols like the APC broom and caps bearing President Bola Tinubu’s signature were set ablaze, prompting retaliatory burning of Kwankwansiya caps linked to NDC vice-presidential candidate Rabiu Kwankwaso.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

During an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today, Jibrin asserted that the opposition is resorting to these tactics because they recognize they are facing certain defeat in the state, particularly within the critical Kano South swing zone. He emphasized that the opposition’s actions were a deliberate strategy to trigger a crisis right before the start of the campaign, assuring the public that the ruling party will not allow those efforts to succeed.

Continue Reading

latest

After Meeting Tinubu, Adeleke Visits Wike In Abuja.

Published

on

The newly re-elected Governor of Osun State, Ademola Adeleke, recently embarked on a series of political consultations in Abuja, starting with a visit to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike. Lere Olayinka, the media aide to the FCT minister, shared a photograph on social media documenting the meeting, which featured Adeleke and Wike shaking hands while displaying the governor’s certificate of return.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

This engagement followed closely on the heels of a closed-door meeting between Governor Adeleke and President Bola Tinubu at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, where the governor presented his official return documents and expressed appreciation regarding the recent electoral process. During their discussions, President Tinubu advised the governor to foster an environment of unity and refrain from marginalizing political opponents, emphasizing that winning an election represents a democratic mandate rather than a conquest.

Continue Reading

latest

Subsidy: ‘Demonstration Of Serious Ignorance In Governance, Economy’ – Tinubu Blasts Atiku

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu has firmly criticized former vice-presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar, dismissing his recent proposal to reinstate the petrol subsidy regime as a fundamental lack of understanding of economic management and governance.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Upon taking office, the current administration discontinued the fuel subsidy and floated the national currency to address structural economic imbalances. While these sweeping policy changes triggered widespread financial pressures and heightened the cost of living for average citizens, the government maintains that the reforms were essential for long-term fiscal stability.

Addressing critics from the Presidential Villa, President Tinubu defended the decision by highlighting its immediate impact on sub-national finances. He pointed out that prior to the intervention, numerous state governments struggled to meet monthly obligations to workers and retirees. According to the administration, the savings generated from ending the subsidy have since enabled states to consistently service salary arrears and pension commitments, framing the policy shift as a vital corrective measure for the nation’s broader financial framework.

Continue Reading

Trending