latest
“Stay Away From Politics!” NYSC DG Drops Strict Warning Against Electoral Campaigns And AI Misinformation!.
Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig. Gen. Olakunle Nafiu, has warned corps members against participating in political campaigns or using their NYSC identities and social media accounts to promote political parties and candidates ahead of the 2027 general elections.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶
Nafiu also urged corps members to be cautious about misinformation and AI-generated materials, stressing the need to authenticate information before sharing or reposting content online.
He gave the warning on Wednesday during a working visit to the 2026 Batch ‘B’ Stream II Orientation Course at the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp in Katsina, according to Arise TV.
The NYSC boss reminded corps members that their participation in partisan political activities was prohibited and that they were expected to maintain political neutrality throughout their service year.
He warned that corps members whose online activities were found to be promoting political parties or candidates while using their NYSC identities could face disciplinary measures.
Nafiu also urged them to develop the habit of checking the origin and authenticity of information before distributing it online, particularly as advances in artificial intelligence have made it easier to produce convincing but misleading photographs, videos and other digital content.
He said corps members should examine the source of information, establish when images or videos were produced, and determine whether the material had been digitally manipulated before sharing it.
The director-general further noted that corps members would have a significant role to play in the 2027 elections, with many expected to serve as ad hoc personnel during the electoral process.
He described their prospective involvement as an important civic responsibility and urged them to discharge their duties impartially to support the conduct of credible, free and fair elections.
Nafiu also encouraged the corps members to participate actively in the NYSC Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development programme, saying the acquisition of vocational and entrepreneurial skills could improve their prospects in an increasingly competitive economy.
He explained that the orientation course was intended to prepare corps members for the responsibilities of national service by promoting discipline, leadership, teamwork, obedience and a strong sense of responsibility.
According to him, activities such as military drills and Man O’ War obstacle exercises were part of the programme designed to build resilience and teamwork among participants.
Earlier, the Katsina State NYSC Coordinator, Evans Okwor, disclosed that 1,333 corps members had registered for the orientation exercise.
He said the figure comprised 759 male and 574 female corps members, while 363 officials were involved in the administration of the programme.
Okwor explained that 173 NYSC officials and 190 personnel from partner agencies were participating in the exercise.
He added that the camp clinic had 40 medical personnel and was equipped with essential medicines to respond to the healthcare needs of participants.
According to him, 783 corps members and 40 camp officials had received medical attention since the commencement of the exercise, with 14 cases referred to the General Hospital, Katsina.
He said two patients remained on admission as of the time of his report.
Okwor identified malaria, typhoid, asthma, peptic ulcer disease, body pains and blood pressure-related conditions among the health challenges recorded at the camp.
The coordinator commended the corps members for maintaining discipline and adapting positively to the camp’s routines and activities.
The 2026 Batch ‘B’ Stream II Orientation Course began on August 5 and is scheduled to end on August 25, 2026.
latest
POLITICAL FIRESTORM: The Secret Blueprint To Unleash Total Chaos In Kano!.
All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain Abdulmumini Jibrin has alleged that members of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) are intentionally orchestrating unrest and turmoil in Kano as the 2027 general elections approach. This accusation follows provocative incidents where symbols like the APC broom and caps bearing President Bola Tinubu’s signature were set ablaze, prompting retaliatory burning of Kwankwansiya caps linked to NDC vice-presidential candidate Rabiu Kwankwaso.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶
During an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today, Jibrin asserted that the opposition is resorting to these tactics because they recognize they are facing certain defeat in the state, particularly within the critical Kano South swing zone. He emphasized that the opposition’s actions were a deliberate strategy to trigger a crisis right before the start of the campaign, assuring the public that the ruling party will not allow those efforts to succeed.
latest
After Meeting Tinubu, Adeleke Visits Wike In Abuja.
The newly re-elected Governor of Osun State, Ademola Adeleke, recently embarked on a series of political consultations in Abuja, starting with a visit to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike. Lere Olayinka, the media aide to the FCT minister, shared a photograph on social media documenting the meeting, which featured Adeleke and Wike shaking hands while displaying the governor’s certificate of return.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶
This engagement followed closely on the heels of a closed-door meeting between Governor Adeleke and President Bola Tinubu at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, where the governor presented his official return documents and expressed appreciation regarding the recent electoral process. During their discussions, President Tinubu advised the governor to foster an environment of unity and refrain from marginalizing political opponents, emphasizing that winning an election represents a democratic mandate rather than a conquest.
latest
Subsidy: ‘Demonstration Of Serious Ignorance In Governance, Economy’ – Tinubu Blasts Atiku
President Bola Tinubu has firmly criticized former vice-presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar, dismissing his recent proposal to reinstate the petrol subsidy regime as a fundamental lack of understanding of economic management and governance.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶
Upon taking office, the current administration discontinued the fuel subsidy and floated the national currency to address structural economic imbalances. While these sweeping policy changes triggered widespread financial pressures and heightened the cost of living for average citizens, the government maintains that the reforms were essential for long-term fiscal stability.
Addressing critics from the Presidential Villa, President Tinubu defended the decision by highlighting its immediate impact on sub-national finances. He pointed out that prior to the intervention, numerous state governments struggled to meet monthly obligations to workers and retirees. According to the administration, the savings generated from ending the subsidy have since enabled states to consistently service salary arrears and pension commitments, framing the policy shift as a vital corrective measure for the nation’s broader financial framework.
-
latest12 months ago“Social Media Erupts As Jim Iyke Declares Rita Dominic Nollywood’s Most Beautiful”
-
latest2 years agoEdo Political Showdown: Oshiomhole Appears At Presidential Villa As Tinubu Hands APC Gubernatorial Flag To Okpebholo (Photos & Video)
-
entertainment2 years agoLove Knows No Age American Woman Defends Marriage To Young Nigerian Man “I’m Not 70”
-
latest2 years agoOlumide Akpata Strikes Again: Drops Killer Track, Sends Edo State Into Frenzy!(Video)
-
Politics3 years agoNigerians React As Pastor Adeboye Foresees Passing Away On A Sunday After Enjoying A Satisfying Meal Of Pounded Yam
-
latest2 years agoFG Identifies 31 States At Risk Of Heavy Flooding In 2024: See Full List
-
Politics3 years agoBREAKING: Inspector-General Of Police Summons Top Police Commanders For Crucial-Security Challenges
-
latest2 years ago5 NYSC Corpers Perish In Fatal Road Accident Returning From Camp
