Connect with us

latest

Published

on

The African Democratic Congress (ADC) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, said former President Olusegun Obasanjo has no political value.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

He claimed that Obasanjo could not win his own state in 1999.

Atiku said he was not bothered by Obasanjo’s refusal to endorse him.

In 1999, he could not even win his own state or the Southwest; it was Arewa that made him President. He possesses no electoral value,” Atiku said.

Obasanjo had earlier expressed his regret in making Atiku his vice President.

He said he would not have made the decision if he had known Atiku as well as he did later in their political relationship.

Meanwhile, Atiku has promised to bring back fuel subsidy if he emerges as Nigeria’s President in the 2027 election.

NEWS  reports that Atiku, who is the presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), made the pledge while responding to questions in an interview circulating on social media.

The former Vice President criticised the economic impact of the subsidy removal under President Bola Tinubu, arguing that Nigerians had yet to see corresponding benefits from the policy.

Tinubu announced the end of the petrol subsidy in his inaugural address in May 2023, shortly after assuming office.

The policy led to a significant rise in the cost of petrol, with the resulting increase in transportation costs contributing to higher prices of food and other goods and services.

While the Federal Government has defended the decision, saying it has created more resources for the three tiers of government and provided funds for infrastructure and other programmes, Atiku questioned how the savings had been utilised.

He noted that he had not initially objected to the removal of the subsidy but said his position had changed after assessing its consequences.

Atiku asked, “I initially did not oppose the removal of the fuel subsidy. But now that it has been removed, where is the money? Where has the subsidy money gone? Has it been used to improve healthcare, education or security?

“The ADC candidate said a government under his leadership would reverse the policy.”

Atiku added, “If I win the presidential election, I will restore the subsidy. And anyone who stole Nigeria’s subsidy funds must return the money.”

NEWS reports that Atiku’s comments came shortly after the Federal Government disclosed that the subsidy removal and foreign exchange market reforms had generated ₦15.8 trillion for the federation.

The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Taiwo Oyedele, gave the figure on Wednesday while presenting the government’s “Nigerians’ Reform Scorecard.”

According to Oyedele, the additional resources were generated between June 2023 and December 2025.

The minister said the reforms expanded the resources available to the government to fund public expenditure.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

latest

“Transfer Shockwave: Gunners Ready To Sacrifice Rising Stars Lewis-Skelly and Nwaneri This Summer”

Published

on

Arsenal CEO Richard Garlick has addressed the club’s stance regarding the long-term futures of highly-rated academy talents Myles Lewis-Skelly and Ethan Nwaneri, confirming that the Gunners could be open to offers under specific conditions.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

  • Open to Opportunities: Speaking to BBC Sport, Garlick noted that while Arsenal is not actively shopping their homegrown prospects, they would consider bids if “the right opportunity” arose for both the club and the players.

  • Financial Incentive: Because both Lewis-Skelly and Nwaneri came through the club’s Hale End academy, any future transfer fee would register as pure profit on the club’s balance sheets under football financial regulations.

  • First-Team Integration: Despite the speculation, both teenagers have already tasted meaningful first-team action for Arsenal at just 19 years old, highlighting their rapid development.

“We are not actively looking at selling those homegrown players, but if the right opportunity came up — right for them and the club — we’d obviously consider that,” Garlick stated.

Continue Reading

latest

“Stolen Assets Exposed: The Inside Story Of How The Obasanjo Administration Took On Global Banks To Recover Nigeria’s Riches”.

Published

on

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has disclosed how he and ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo successfully tracked and recovered diverted public funds upon taking office. Speaking to journalists, Atiku explained that the administration adopted a pragmatic negotiation approach, offering individuals accused of misappropriating state funds a five percent retention incentive if they returned the remainder. He noted that this strategy laid the groundwork for further anti-corruption measures, including the subsequent creation of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reflecting on the early days of their administration, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar revealed that he spearheaded a committee alongside former President Olusegun Obasanjo to recover looted state assets. According to Atiku, rather than purely punitive measures, the government engaged individuals implicated in financial misconduct, allowing them to retain a small fraction of the funds on the condition that the bulk of the stolen wealth was returned to Nigeria.

Option 3: Narrative Style (Best for Feature Stories)

When the administration took the reins of power, stepping into an environment marked by deep-seated financial corruption, former President Olusegun Obasanjo and then-Vice President Atiku Abubakar devised an unconventional recovery framework. Confronting those alleged to have stolen public resources, the administration offered a deal to repatriate hidden funds in exchange for a five percent concession. Atiku credited this unique committee-led initiative as a major milestone in recovering national assets prior to the institutionalization of anti-graft agencies like the EFCC.

Continue Reading

latest

No Interference Allowed: Gov Otti Explains Why He Will Never Order Security Forces To Free Anyone!.

Published

on

Abia State Governor, Alex Otti, has emphasized that he maintains a strict hands-off policy regarding the operations of security commanders deployed in the state.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Speaking in Umuahia, Governor Otti stated that it is improper for a governor to pressure a Commissioner of Police or other security chiefs into releasing a suspect before a thorough investigation can be conducted.

Key Highlights of the Governor’s Stance

  • Protecting Professionalism: Governor Otti noted that executive interference compromises the professionalism of security personnel, particularly in ongoing efforts to combat crime and insecurity.

  • Commitment to the Rule of Law: Explaining his administration’s philosophy, he stressed that maintaining transparency means allowing due process to take its course without political meddling.

  • Tribute to Outgoing Commanders: The remarks were made during a send-off ceremony organized by the state government to honor outgoing military and paramilitary leaders who served in Abia State.

  • Acknowledging Collaborative Peace: The governor commended the officers for their dedication, which he credited for the relative peace and security enjoyed across the state.

Honored Security Commanders

The state government recognized several prominent outgoing security chiefs, including:

  • Brigadier General Hassan Muhammed Bello (Immediate past Brigade Commander, 14 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Ohafia)

  • AIG Danladi Isah (Immediate past Commissioner of Police)

  • Mr. Ibrahim Sariki (Immediate past State Director, Department of State Services – DSS)

  • Aderemi Akinsola (Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps – NSCDC)

  • Commandant Chigbu Odoemelam Chile (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency – NDLEA, Abia State Command)

Continue Reading

Trending