Connect with us

latest

OSUN MANDATE: Emotional Scenes As Governor Adeleke Dedicates His Certificate Of Return To The Masses!.

Published

on

  • Certificate Presented: The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has officially presented the certificate of return to Governor Ademola Adeleke and his deputy, Prince Kola Adewusi, following the recent governorship election in Osun State.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

    • INEC’s Remarks: Osun State REC Oluwatoyin Babalola and National Supervising Commissioner Prof. Kunle Ajayi commended stakeholders, security agencies, and voters for their resilience and participation during the electoral process.

    • Speaking during the presentation, Babalola said it was done in accordance with the law governing the commission and confirmed the electoral mandate given to Adeleke and Adewusi by voters in the state.

      She commended stakeholders for their contributions to the successful conduct of the election, particularly security agencies, non-governmental organisations, the media and traditional leaders.

      The Osun REC also praised voters for their participation, putting voter turnout at 43.2 per cent, and congratulated Adeleke while urging him to be magnanimous in victory.

      Also speaking, INEC National Supervising Commissioner for Osun State, Prof Kunle Ajayi, described the occasion as significant for democracy and the people of the state.

      Ajayi congratulated Adeleke and commended Osun voters for participating in the election despite tensions and incidents of violence recorded during the build-up to the poll.

      He said the conduct of the election demonstrated the resilience and determination of the people of Osun, while stressing that INEC entered the state to uphold democratic principles rather than support any particular candidate.

      Naija News reported earlier that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), on Sunday, confirmed Governor Ademola Adeleke as the winner of the keenly contested election in Osun State on Saturday, August 15.

      According to the electoral empire, Adeleke who is seeking second term in office won nineteen local government areas, while his closest rival, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress (APC), won eleven local government areas.

      Meanwhile, Najeem Salaam of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) claimed a distant third.

      The total results announced by INEC showed that Adeleke had a total of 511,067 votes while Oyebamiji gathered 444,815 votes, a difference of 66,256 votes.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

latest

STRANDED AT THE TERMINAL? FAAN Sparks Outrage With Plan To Kick Uber & Bolt Out Of Airports!.

Published

on

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has clarified that ride-hailing services such as Uber and Bolt have not been prohibited from operating at the nation’s airports.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

According to reports, management issued a statement on Thursday to address growing anxieties regarding rumored restrictions targeting e-hailing operations across various facilities under its authority.

FAAN emphasized that its intent is neither to limit passengers’ freedom of choice nor to block digital transport providers from assisting air travelers. Instead, the focus is on maintaining regulatory compliance that reinforces security, protects passengers, and ensures seamless airport traffic flow.

The statement read in part:

“FAAN wishes to clarify that its position is not, and has never been, directed at limiting passengers’ access to transportation options or undermining the important role that e-hailing services play in providing convenient mobility to air travellers. The services must be identifiable, accountable and properly integrated into the airport’s operational and security framework. ACHRAMS is not an e-hailing application and is not intended to compete with or replicate the services provided by Uber, Bolt or any other e-hailing platform.”

Continue Reading

latest

“WE GOT THE LOAN AND THAT IS FINAL!” Oyedele Blasts Nigerians Over World Bank Outrage!.

Published

on

Taiwo Oyedele, the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, recently voiced strong criticism toward individuals who directed abusive comments at the World Bank on social media regarding loan agreements with Nigeria.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Speaking in Abuja on Thursday during a media briefing detailing the administration’s economic reform scorecard since 2023, Oyedele explained that the backlash stems from a widespread misunderstanding of international financial systems and borrowing procedures.

He noted that the criticism became so intense that the World Bank ultimately disabled the comment section on its platform. Addressing the public confusion, the minister remarked:

“People went to the social media account of the World Bank to go and be abusing them that they’re giving Nigeria loan. World Bank just switch off the comments. We’ve gotten the loan because that’s not how the system works. Some people who have no knowledge of how it works. They said why is government allowing some people withdraw money here and they’re not giving to the rest of us.”

Continue Reading

latest

“WE OWE NO ONE AN EXPLANATION!” Wale Edun Shocks Nigerians Over $5 Billion Abu Dhabi Loan Transparency!.

Published

on

Taiwo Oyedele, the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, has pushed back against demands for the Federal Government to disclose specific expenditure plans regarding the $5 billion financing facility secured from First Abu Dhabi Bank.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reports indicate that the government recently drew down roughly $1.5 billion—the initial tranche of the Total Return Swap facility—despite cautions raised by organizations like the International Monetary Fund and Fitch Ratings regarding potential risks tied to such financial instruments.

Addressing the media in Abuja on Wednesday, Oyedele maintained that the transaction has faced unwarranted scrutiny, noting that the arrangement received formal approval from the National Assembly and is intended to help retire higher-cost debt.

When questioned about transparency and whether the breakdown of the borrowing plan would be made public, Oyedele stated that while general public spending is disclosed, this particular facility should not be singled out:

“We will not publish how we are spending it. We will publish how we spend government money. There’s nothing special about that loan… Nobody has asked us whether we’re going to publish the money we took from the World Bank, whether we publish the one from Eurobond, whether we publish the one from Sukuk. Why is this one special?”

Dismissing claims that the process lacked due process, the minister emphasized that it was properly presented to the legislature. He also explained that the funds are being drawn in phases to prevent unnecessary costs and that the facility features a flexible interest rate structure designed to lower overall borrowing expenses over time.

Continue Reading

Trending