Connect with us

latest

“Relief For Nigerian Students Abroad As Tinubu Govt Begins 2025 Allowance Payments”.

Published

on

The Federal Government has begun the payment of outstanding 2025 allowances to beneficiaries of the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Programme studying in partner countries overseas.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The development was announced in a statement issued on Wednesday by the Federal Ministry of Education and signed by the ministry’s Director of Press and Public Relations, Boriowo Folasade.

The statement was also shared on by the Special Adviser to President Bola Tinubu on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.

According to the ministry, the Central Bank of Nigeria has transferred the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions in countries where the affected students are studying.

The ministry explained that the transfer was made to ensure the immediate payment of eligible beneficiaries under the scholarship scheme.

“The Central Bank of Nigeria has successfully remitted the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions for immediate disbursement to eligible scholars,” the statement said.

The BEA Scholarship Programme was established to provide financial support for Nigerian students studying in partner countries through government sponsorship.

Although the programme has been discontinued, several beneficiaries had repeatedly complained about delays in receiving their allowances.

Many of the students said the delay caused serious financial difficulties while studying abroad.

Speaking on the development, the Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, disclosed that the funds released cover 50 per cent of the approved outstanding payments for 2025.

He added that efforts were ongoing to ensure the remaining balance is paid as soon as possible.

According to the minister, the funds have already reached the accounts of Nigerian embassies and missions, which are expected to commence payment to beneficiaries immediately.

Alausa advised the affected students to check their accounts as the payments begin to reflect.

The latest disbursement is expected to ease the financial burden faced by many Nigerian scholars abroad who had been awaiting the payment of their allowances.

Some beneficiaries of the now-discontinued programme had earlier expressed concerns over the prolonged delay, saying it affected their ability to meet basic living expenses in their host countries.

The ministry reaffirmed the Federal Government’s commitment to fulfilling its obligations to Nigerian students studying overseas.

Alausa also stated that the payment reflects President Tinubu’s commitment to student welfare and academic advancement under the Renewed Hope Agenda.

He added that the administration would continue to prioritise policies aimed at improving education, supporting student welfare and developing the country’s human capital.

Advertisement

latest

Breaking: Chinda Emerges Rivers APC Governorship Candidate After Fubara’s Shock Exit.

Published

on

The All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship Screening Committee for Rivers State has declared Kingsley Chinda as the party’s governorship candidate following the conclusion of its primary election exercise in the state.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reports indicate that Chinda was announced the winner on Thursday evening at the APC secretariat after votes were collated from wards across the 23 local government areas of Rivers State.

Declaring the result, the Chairman of the Screening Committee, Bitrus Kwamoti, said Chinda secured a total of 268,497 votes to clinch the ticket.

Kwamoti described the exercise as peaceful and well-conducted, noting that party members demonstrated discipline throughout the process, with no major incidents recorded.

The announcement came shortly after the withdrawal of Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, from the APC governorship primary scheduled for Thursday.

Fubara had earlier announced his decision in a personally signed statement, saying it followed extensive consultations with family, friends, and political associates, while pledging support for whoever emerged as the party’s flagbearer.

Another aspirant, Tonye Cole, also stepped down from the race, citing the need to prioritise peace, reconciliation, and party unity.

Continue Reading

latest

Nigeria Brace For Tough Road As 2026 U-17 Women’s World Cup Opponents Emerge Ahead Of Qualifier.

Published

on

Nigeria’s U-17 women’s team, the Flamingos, have been handed a clearer picture of what awaits them at the 2026 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in Morocco following Thursday’s official draw in Zurich.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

 

 

Continue Reading

latest

Arsenal Declared World’s Best Side By Luis Enrique Ahead Of Champions League Showdown.

Published

on

Luis Enrique has described Arsenal F.C. as the best team in the world without the ball, ahead of their UEFA Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain later this month.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The Ligue 1 champions are set to face the newly crowned Premier League winners in Budapest on May 30 in what is widely expected to be a high-stakes final.

PSG go into the encounter as slight favourites, having previously defeated Arsenal 3–1 on aggregate in last season’s semi-finals before going on to crush Inter Milan 5–0 in the final to lift the trophy.

Despite PSG’s recent European dominance, Enrique acknowledged Arsenal’s strength, balance, and intensity under Mikel Arteta, describing them as one of the most complete teams in Europe.

Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday after Arsenal secured the Premier League title, Enrique praised their consistency and quality throughout the season.

“I believe they deserve to win the league, they have had an outstanding season,” he said.

“We have already faced this Arsenal team, so we are aware of their capabilities.

“Without the ball, they are the best team in the world, and with it, they can score frequently. This creates a remarkable combination for them.”

Arsenal F.C. will be targeting their first-ever UEFA Champions League title, while Paris Saint-Germain aim to secure back-to-back European crowns after finally winning the competition last season.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS