Connect with us

latest

Shettima Drops Bombshell: ‘Some People Told Tinubu I Planned To Kill Him’

Published

on

Vice-President Kashim Shettima has alleged that some individuals attempted to sow distrust between him and President Bola Tinubu just months after they assumed office.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

According to reports, Shettima said the unnamed individuals—whom he described as people from Borno State—told the President that he was plotting to kill him in order to take over power.

He made the disclosure at the launch of My Life of Duty and Allegiance, the autobiography of former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, in Abuja.

Shettima explained that the allegation was linked to clothing he had previously gifted Tinubu before the 2023 presidential election.

The Vice-President said President Tinubu later invited him after hearing the claim, but dismissed it because the story did not make logical sense.

He recounted that the President questioned the allegation and noted that the same clothing had been given during a period when both of them were not yet in office.

According to Shettima, Tinubu said the narrative did not align with reality, since at the time the clothes were given, neither of them held the positions they later occupied.

He further revealed that some people insisted after the election that he intended to use the clothes to harm the President, an allegation Tinubu also rejected.

Shettima said the President even went on to wear the clothes afterward, dismissing the claim as baseless.

He stated that the incident highlighted the dangers of misinformation and divisive politics in the country.

The Vice-President urged Nigerians to reject false narratives and embrace unity, stressing the need for trust and cooperation for national development.

He also warned against individuals he described as “merchants of division,” saying the country’s progress depends on collective understanding and harmony.

Advertisement

latest

PDP Announces Final Adjustment Of Timetable For 2027 Elections.

Published

on

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has announced another amendment to its timetable for pre-nomination activities ahead of the 2027 general elections.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

In a statement issued on Tuesday and jointly signed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Ini Ememobong, and National Organising Secretary, Theophilus Dakas Shan, the PDP said the adjustment became necessary due to increasing requests from aspirants.

The party noted that the revised timetable is final, stressing that it must comply with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) schedule for the 2027 elections. It therefore urged all aspirants and stakeholders to adhere strictly to the new dates.

Naija News reports that the PDP has fixed May 22, 2026, as the deadline for submission of completed nomination forms, while primaries for all offices are scheduled for May 28, 2026.

According to the statement, the Interim National Working Committee approved a further and final adjustment to the timetable for pre-nomination activities as follows:

  • Deadline for submission of completed forms: May 22, 2026
  • Special screening (for those yet to be screened): May 23, 2026
  • Screening appeals and related processes
  • Publication of cleared aspirants: May 25, 2026
  • Final publication of cleared aspirants: May 27, 2026
  • Primaries for all offices: May 28, 2026

The party warned that no further extension will be granted, citing the need to meet INEC’s electoral timetable.

Continue Reading

latest

Nigeria, U.S Forces Neutralise 175 ISIS Terrorists In Coordinated Strike – DHQ.

Published

on

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has announced that no fewer than 175 ISIS terrorists have been killed in a renewed counter-terrorism operation involving the Nigerian Military and United States forces.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The disclosure was made on Tuesday in a statement by the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. Samaila Uba.

According to the DHQ, an updated assessment as of May 19, 2026, confirmed that 175 ISIS fighters were eliminated through coordinated air and ground operations in Nigeria’s North-East region.

The statement added that the joint offensive also led to the destruction of terrorist checkpoints, weapons storage facilities, logistics hubs, equipment depots, and financial networks used to support insurgent activities.

It further revealed that several senior terrorist commanders were killed during the operations, including Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, described as one of ISIS’s most influential global operatives.

The DHQ said the operation marks a significant breakthrough in the ongoing fight against terrorism in collaboration with the United States Africa Command.

It stated: “The Defence Headquarters wishes to announce major successes in continuing counterterrorism operations in close coordination with the United States Africa Command against ISIS terrorists in North-East Nigeria.

“As of May 19, 2026, assessments indicate that 175 ISIS militants have been eliminated from the battlefield.”

The military also noted that the strikes destroyed key ISIS infrastructure, including checkpoints, weapons caches, logistics bases, military hardware, and financial channels used to sustain operations.

According to the statement, the killing of Abu-Bilal al-Minuki has significantly weakened ISIS’s command structure and disrupted its external attack planning network.

Other high-ranking terrorists reportedly killed include Abd-al Wahhab, an ISWAP commander involved in attacks and propaganda; Abu Musa al-Mangawi, a senior ISWAP figure; and Abu al-Muthanna al-Muhajir, a media operations chief and close ally of al-Minuki.

Continue Reading

latest

Ned Nwoko Blasts Rumours, Insists He Did Not Lose Delta North APC Primary.

Published

on

Senator representing Delta North, Ned Nwoko, has cautioned individuals celebrating what they claim is victory in the All Progressives Congress (APC) Delta North primary, describing such claims as premature and driven by “overactive imagination.”....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

News reports that this reaction follows media claims that Nwoko lost the APC senatorial primary to former Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, during the exercise held on Monday.

In a statement issued through Tonnie Oganah, Media Director of the Anioma State movement championed by Nwoko, the senator urged supporters and political actors to remain calm and avoid making conclusions that could mislead the public or breach legal boundaries.

He stressed that no official result has been announced, noting that only the national leadership of the APC in Abuja has the authority to declare the authentic outcome of the primary election.

According to him, releasing partial or unofficial results amounts to spreading half-truths that can distort public understanding of the process.

The statement further emphasised Nwoko’s long-standing advocacy for the Anioma cause, including his push for increased political representation and structural reforms in Delta State.

It also claimed that he envisions greater political inclusion for the Anioma people, including more senatorial and House of Representatives seats, additional local government areas, and enhanced political relevance within the state.

Nwoko was also quoted as urging the Anioma people to remain focused on long-term political goals rather than being distracted by short-term gains or inducements.

The statement added that he remains one of the earliest politicians in Delta State to publicly support President Bola Tinubu and the APC.

It further expressed confidence that the Anioma people would support the party in the 2027 elections in appreciation of what it described as ongoing efforts toward development and political inclusion.

Additionally, the statement stressed that the APC would only present candidates who meet legal and party requirements, including clean records and proper resignation from previous political parties, in line with electoral laws and party constitution.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS