Connect with us

latest

Labour Party Announces Free Nomination Forms For All Aspirants Nationwide.

Published

on

The faction of the Labour Party (LP) led by Julius Abure has announced free nomination forms for aspirants seeking elective positions across the country amid the party’s ongoing leadership crisis.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reports indicate that Abure made the announcement during a press conference held in Abuja on Monday.

Before the latest decision, the party had fixed nomination fees at ₦3 million for House of Assembly aspirants, ₦5 million for House of Representatives candidates, ₦10 million for Senate aspirants, and ₦25 million for governorship hopefuls.

The presidential ticket was also priced at ₦50 million, comprising ₦10 million for the expression of interest form and ₦40 million for the nomination form.

However, Abure stated that aspirants nationwide would now be able to obtain the forms free of charge through the party’s online platforms and state chairmen.

He explained that the initiative aligns with the Labour Party’s ideological commitment to making political participation accessible to ordinary Nigerians.

According to him, the same approach was adopted during the 2022/2023 election cycle, which enabled people from modest backgrounds to secure elective positions.

Abure also disclosed that governorship and state assembly primaries are scheduled for May 27, while National Assembly primaries will hold on May 29.

The development comes amid lingering legal battles and deepening internal divisions over the leadership of the Labour Party ahead of the 2027 elections.

Abure noted that his faction had already approached the Supreme Court to challenge the April 21, 2026 Appeal Court judgment which affirmed Senator Nenadi Usman as the party’s chairman.

He stated that a notice of appeal had been filed and that his camp was awaiting the compilation of records to proceed with filing its brief before the apex court.

Advertisement

latest

Accord Raises Alarm, Says Attack On Adeleke’s Office Happened Under Security Agencies’ Watch.

Published

on

The Accord Party (AP) has strongly condemned the attack on Imole House, the campaign office and party secretariat of Governor Ademola Adeleke, located in Osogbo, Osun State.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Sunday night in Osogbo, marking the second attack on the facility within two weeks by suspected thugs.

The attackers reportedly fired gunshots at the building, shattering glass windows and damaging several offices, including that of the Accord State Chairman, Victor Akande. A suspicious inscription on the wall reading, “Say No to automatic ticket,” was also discovered at the scene, suggesting a possible warning message.

In a statement signed by its National Chairman, Maxwell Mgbuden, the Accord Party said it had earlier alerted security agencies about alleged plans by political actors to deploy thugs to disrupt peace in the state ahead of the August 15, 2026 governorship election.

The party expressed shock that the attack still occurred despite those warnings, insisting it happened under the watch of security operatives.

Accord called on the Inspector General of Police and the Director-General of the DSS to immediately track down and prosecute those responsible, as well as their alleged sponsors. It also urged authorities to deploy adequate security around Imole House and other strategic locations to prevent further attacks.

The party condemned what it described as “garrison politics,” stressing that politics should be based on ideas rather than violence. It further alleged that opposition elements were behind efforts to destabilise the state through violent means.

Accord maintained that Governor Adeleke has performed well and deserves a second term, adding that the people of Osun State are prepared to vote for continuity in the coming election.

Continue Reading

latest

El-Rufai Family Raises Alarm, Claims DSS Attempted To Re-Arrest Former Governor.

Published

on

The family of former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has alleged that operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) attempted to take him into custody shortly after proceedings at the Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

latest

“You Can’t Be Senator And Abandon Your People” – Okowa Blasts Ned Nwoko After Election Victory.

Published

on

Former Governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa, has reacted shortly after defeating the incumbent Senator representing Delta North, Ned Nwoko, in the All Progressives Congress (APC) senatorial primary election.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Speaking with journalists after the exercise, Okowa pledged to be a dedicated representative of the Delta North Senatorial District if elected in 2027.

He stressed that a senator must remain close to the people, adding that he would regularly return to the state to maintain strong ties with his constituents.

According to him, lawmakers are expected to stay connected with those they represent in order to effectively convey their concerns at the national level.

Okowa expressed appreciation to supporters for their backing, saying he remained committed to serving the people wholeheartedly.

He said, “I thank my people for the love they have showered upon me, and I pray that the Lord God will continue to energize me to do the best I can for the whole of Delta North.

“I have one promise: that I will serve the people with all my heart.

“I expect to return home as regularly as possible to greet our people. You cannot be a senator and stay away from your people because they sent you to represent them.

“I shall be a good representative of the good people of Delta North. Whenever my presence is needed, they will surely find me.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS