Connect with us

latest

“Bandits Will Face Full Wrath Of The Law” – Tinubu Speaks On Oyo Kidnapping Incident.

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu has responded to the abduction of teachers and schoolchildren in Oyo State, assuring residents that security operations are underway to secure their release from gunmen who attacked the Esiele community in Oriire Local Government Area.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reports indicate that Tinubu, in a statement issued on Monday, also condemned the killing of one of the abducted teachers, describing the act as cruel and unacceptable.

The attack occurred last Friday when armed men invaded Esiele community and abducted staff and pupils from Community Grammar School, Baptist Nursery and Primary School, and L.A. Primary School.

Tinubu said security agencies have intensified operations in the area, stressing that efforts are ongoing to rescue the victims and apprehend those responsible, including collaborators within the community.

He extended condolences to Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, the state government, and families affected by the incident, assuring them of the Federal Government’s continued collaboration until all victims are safely rescued.

The President commended the Inspector-General of Police and officers in Oyo and Kwara States for their swift response, noting that tactical units and the Intelligence Response Team were immediately deployed for rescue operations.

He added that the Inspector-General of Police is personally supervising the operation under presidential directive, expressing optimism that progress would soon be made and those responsible brought to justice.

Tinubu also noted that the rising cases of kidnapping in some parts of the country highlight the urgent need for state policing, particularly in areas with limited security coverage.

He called on the National Assembly to fast-track legislative processes that would enable states to establish their own police structures to strengthen security nationwide.

Advertisement

latest

Accord Raises Alarm, Says Attack On Adeleke’s Office Happened Under Security Agencies’ Watch.

Published

on

The Accord Party (AP) has strongly condemned the attack on Imole House, the campaign office and party secretariat of Governor Ademola Adeleke, located in Osogbo, Osun State.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Sunday night in Osogbo, marking the second attack on the facility within two weeks by suspected thugs.

The attackers reportedly fired gunshots at the building, shattering glass windows and damaging several offices, including that of the Accord State Chairman, Victor Akande. A suspicious inscription on the wall reading, “Say No to automatic ticket,” was also discovered at the scene, suggesting a possible warning message.

In a statement signed by its National Chairman, Maxwell Mgbuden, the Accord Party said it had earlier alerted security agencies about alleged plans by political actors to deploy thugs to disrupt peace in the state ahead of the August 15, 2026 governorship election.

The party expressed shock that the attack still occurred despite those warnings, insisting it happened under the watch of security operatives.

Accord called on the Inspector General of Police and the Director-General of the DSS to immediately track down and prosecute those responsible, as well as their alleged sponsors. It also urged authorities to deploy adequate security around Imole House and other strategic locations to prevent further attacks.

The party condemned what it described as “garrison politics,” stressing that politics should be based on ideas rather than violence. It further alleged that opposition elements were behind efforts to destabilise the state through violent means.

Accord maintained that Governor Adeleke has performed well and deserves a second term, adding that the people of Osun State are prepared to vote for continuity in the coming election.

Continue Reading

latest

El-Rufai Family Raises Alarm, Claims DSS Attempted To Re-Arrest Former Governor.

Published

on

The family of former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has alleged that operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) attempted to take him into custody shortly after proceedings at the Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

latest

“You Can’t Be Senator And Abandon Your People” – Okowa Blasts Ned Nwoko After Election Victory.

Published

on

Former Governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa, has reacted shortly after defeating the incumbent Senator representing Delta North, Ned Nwoko, in the All Progressives Congress (APC) senatorial primary election.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Speaking with journalists after the exercise, Okowa pledged to be a dedicated representative of the Delta North Senatorial District if elected in 2027.

He stressed that a senator must remain close to the people, adding that he would regularly return to the state to maintain strong ties with his constituents.

According to him, lawmakers are expected to stay connected with those they represent in order to effectively convey their concerns at the national level.

Okowa expressed appreciation to supporters for their backing, saying he remained committed to serving the people wholeheartedly.

He said, “I thank my people for the love they have showered upon me, and I pray that the Lord God will continue to energize me to do the best I can for the whole of Delta North.

“I have one promise: that I will serve the people with all my heart.

“I expect to return home as regularly as possible to greet our people. You cannot be a senator and stay away from your people because they sent you to represent them.

“I shall be a good representative of the good people of Delta North. Whenever my presence is needed, they will surely find me.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS