Connect with us

latest

‘I Thought It Came From The President’ – Desmond Elliot Opens Up On Obasa Removal Plot.

Published

on

The lawmaker representing Surulere 1 Constituency in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Desmond Elliot, has acknowledged his involvement in the impeachment controversy surrounding Lagos State Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Desmond Elliot made the disclosure while responding to remarks by the Chief of Staff to President Bola Tinubu, Femi Gbajabiamila, over the leadership crisis involving Obasa and claims that the episode nearly cost him his position.

Recall that Obasa was earlier removed as Speaker by some members of the Lagos Assembly before President Tinubu reportedly intervened and reversed the decision.

Speaking at a public event, Gbajabiamila disclosed that he had advised Elliot to stay away from the move to impeach Obasa, but the actor-turned-politician allegedly ignored the warning.

He further claimed that after receiving a call from the Director General of the Department of State Services (DSS), he instructed Elliot to publicly distance himself from the impeachment plot, but the lawmaker declined.

Reacting during an interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily, Elliot said he was surprised to hear Gbajabiamila reveal that the crisis almost affected his job.

According to him, he believed the move against Obasa had the backing of President Tinubu, adding that many lawmakers had already signed before he appended his signature.

“Frankly speaking, I was not in the country; my wife and I travelled during that period between January and February. We were in recess and it was an opportunity for us to travel. That was the time Honourable Mudashiru Obasa was impeached, and it came to me as a shock because I was in South Africa then,” Elliot said.

“So, two days after I came back, I was also as confused as everybody else, and I saw that almost everybody had signed.

“I pretty much thought that the directive was from the President and I appended my own signature. Some people who travelled and returned also appended their signature.

“Eventually, Mr President called us and made us understand that the directive was not from him and asked us to return the Speaker and we did. So my leader coming out to say that he almost lost his job came as a shock to me,” he added.

Advertisement

latest

Drama As EFCC Arrests Former Minister Saleh Mamman Over Alleged Fraud.

Published

on

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman, who was recently convicted by the Federal High Court in Abuja over allegations of financial misappropriation during his time in office.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Continue Reading

latest

Atiku Intensifies 2027 Moves, Begins Strategic Meetings With ADC Stakeholders.

Published

on

A media aide to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Paul Ibeh, has disclosed that the former presidential candidate has already begun consultations with leaders, stakeholders and members of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) ahead of the 2027 presidential election.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Ibeh made this known on Tuesday via while responding to a question from human rights lawyer Inibehe Effiong, who asked whether Atiku was truly preparing to contest again in 2027.

Effiong had written: “Is @atiku really serious about contesting for the presidency in 2027?”

Responding, Ibeh confirmed that Atiku was actively pursuing his ambition and engaging key figures within the ADC regarding the possibility of his candidacy.

He wrote: “Yes, @atiku is really serious about contesting for the presidency in 2027, @InibeheEffiong. He is currently engaging the leaders, stakeholders and members of the @ADCNig on the viability of his candidacy.”

Ibeh added that if Atiku eventually secures the ADC presidential ticket, he would need broad national support to challenge President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the ruling All Progressives Congress administration in the next general election.

According to him, “When he eventually emerges as the presidential candidate of the ADC, he will need everyone, including you, to oust the Tinubu-led APC administration and pave the way for the rebuilding of Nigeria.”

He further used a metaphor to stress the need for collective support, saying no single individual could achieve such a political goal alone.

“The question is, are Nigerians prepared to leave the Biblical Egypt of slavery and suffering that Tinubu has turned our country into?” he added.

Continue Reading

latest

“Touch My Father If You Dare” — El-Rufai’s Son Issues Explosive Warning.

Published

on

Mohammed Bello El-Rufai, son of former Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai, has said his family is not worried about his father’s safety following his detention by the Department of State Services (DSS).....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Speaking shortly after the former governor was granted ₦100 million bail, the Kaduna lawmaker insisted that his father was in good health and had already met his bail conditions.

He said there was no reason for fear, adding that the DSS should instead be concerned.

“I don’t fear. Mallam has his bail conditions set, he’s in good health, so I don’t know what this whole fear thing is about,” Mohammed said.

He also issued a strong warning to anyone allegedly wishing harm on his father.

“And whoever thinks something would happen to Mallam wrongly, we dare them. So, there is no fear. I am an El-Rufai; there are no fears. Let justice prevail,” he stated.

Mohammed further expressed confidence in the legal process, stressing that his father had complied with all the conditions attached to his bail.

“The country has changed, and that’s my opinion,” he added, hinting at his views on the current political and judicial climate in Nigeria.

His comments come amid growing public reactions over the detention of the former Kaduna governor despite reportedly meeting all bail requirements.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS