Connect with us

latest

“Americans Have Military Hardware In Nigeria” – Bwala Reveals Depth Of US Military Cooperation

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu’s media aide, Daniel Bwala, has said that Nigeria and the United States are expected to carry out more joint military operations in the coming days.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reports indicate that US President Donald Trump announced the killing of a globally wanted terrorist, Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, described as the second-in-command of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). President Tinubu also confirmed the operation and expressed appreciation to Trump for his support.

Speaking in an interview with CNN, Bwala said the successful mission would not be isolated, adding that more coordinated operations were likely to follow.

He stated, “Probably in the coming days, we will see more and more of these operations. It will be frequent.”

Addressing questions on intelligence sharing and operational responsibility, Bwala explained that Nigeria and the US maintain a strong security partnership.

He noted that while intelligence gathering is often rooted in local knowledge, the United States contributes advanced military hardware that Nigeria does not possess.

According to him, discussions between both countries have focused on leveraging such capabilities to strengthen the fight against terrorism.

Bwala added that the cooperation reflects a deepening security alliance aimed at improving counterterrorism operations and enhancing regional stability.

Advertisement

latest

Ex-Minister Sadiya’s Location Revealed As Arrest Warrant Sparks Fresh Drama.

Published

on

Counsel to former Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq, has informed the Federal Capital Territory High Court in Apo that his client is currently in Egypt receiving medical treatment and is medically unfit to appear for arraignment.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Farouq, alongside Bashir Nura Alkali, a permanent secretary in the ministry, and Sani Mohammed, is facing a 21-count charge filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The charges involve alleged breach of trust and abuse of office linked to about $1.3 million and ₦746.6 million.

During proceedings on Monday, EFCC counsel, Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), reminded the court that a bench warrant had earlier been issued against Farouq after she failed to appear in court.

He also informed the court that the second defendant had since surrendered to the commission and requested that the warrant against him be withdrawn while the one against Farouq remained in force.

Responding, Farouq’s lawyer, Oladipo Okpesheyi, said the former minister was undergoing treatment in Egypt based on medical advice.

According to him, a medical report received from her doctors indicated that she was currently hospitalised and would require about two months to recover before returning to Nigeria.

He appealed to the court for an adjournment to allow her complete her treatment.

Justice Jude Onwuegbuzie, however, expressed concern over the delay in the case and warned that stricter measures could be taken if the former minister fails to appear at the next hearing.

The court subsequently ruled that the arrest warrant against Farouq would remain in effect and adjourned the matter until June 8, 2026, for arraignment.

Continue Reading

latest

Political Heavyweights Akpabio, Uzodimma Emerge Victorious In APC Senate Race.

Published

on

Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, has emerged victorious in the All Progressives Congress (APC) senatorial primary for Akwa Ibom North-West Senatorial District.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Akpabio reportedly recorded wins across all 10 local government areas in the district, polling a total of 121,425 votes.

According to the results announced, he secured 11,895 votes in Abak, 12,877 in Essien Udim, 9,148 in Etim Ekpo, 9,325 in Ika, 10,153 in Ikono, 12,174 in Ikot Ekpene, 8,874 in Ini, 10,062 in Obot Akara, 19,586 in Oruk Anam, and 17,328 in Ukanafun.

Meanwhile, Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma, also clinched the APC ticket for Imo West Senatorial District.

The Returning Officer, Williams Kayode, declared Uzodimma winner after he polled 230,464 votes across the 12 local government areas in the Orlu zone.

Former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, scored 1,098 votes in the contest.

In Yobe State, former Senate President Ahmad Lawan emerged as the consensus APC senatorial candidate for Yobe North.

Reacting to his emergence, Lawan described it as a victory for democracy, unity, and collective commitment to the development of Yobe North.

He also appreciated the APC leadership, stakeholders in the district, and Yobe State Governor Mai Mala Buni for supporting his candidacy.

Elsewhere, Erondu Erondu won the APC senatorial primary for Abia South with 16,640 votes.

He defeated Nyerere Anyim, who polled 5,206 votes, Blessing Nwagba with 4,456 votes, and Paul Ikonne, who secured 4,099 votes.

Erondu is expected to face Labour Party Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe in the 2027 general election.

Continue Reading

latest

“If You Don’t Keep Quiet, I Will Start Talking” – Governor Yusuf Fires Warning Shot At Kwankwaso.

Published

on

Kano State Governor, Abba Yusuf, has issued a strong warning to former governor and NNPP leader, Rabiu Kwankwaso, cautioning him against further verbal attacks.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Speaking to supporters in Kano, Yusuf expressed displeasure over recent comments made by his former political mentor, insisting that he would respond if provoked further.

The governor said Kwankwaso should be careful with his words, warning that continued criticism could lead him to reveal details the former presidential candidate might not be comfortable with.

His remarks come after Kwankwaso, in a recent interview, accused Yusuf and other close allies of political betrayal and vowed to defeat him in the 2027 governorship election.

Kwankwaso also expressed disappointment over what he described as a breakdown of trust, saying he never expected such actions from those he supported politically.

He further criticised some beneficiaries of his educational programmes, alleging that some later turned against the movement that sponsored them.

Responding, Yusuf questioned Kwankwaso’s tone, noting the age difference between them and saying he had so far remained restrained out of respect.

He added that while peace in Kano remains a priority, he would not hesitate to speak out if pushed further, warning against escalating political tension in the state.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS