Connect with us

latest

“Shock Exit As Gbenga Daniel Withdraws From Ogun APC Senatorial Primary”.

Published

on

Senator representing Ogun East, Gbenga Daniel, has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) senatorial primary scheduled for Monday, citing alleged security threats.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

News reports that Daniel, who is seeking re-election, has been involved in a political standoff with Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, over the party’s ticket for Ogun East senatorial district.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the Bola Ahmed Tinubu–Otunba Gbenga Daniel Movement directed the senator’s supporters to boycott the primary, alleging plans to unleash violence against them.

The group claimed it had observed suspicious movements and threats allegedly targeting its supporters in the buildup to the primary election.

“In the last few days we have seen all manners of strange movements and miscreants taking positions and ready to strike down our people. We have heard and seen agents of the state government threatening fire and brimstone against our supporters, and the elections yesterday is a confirmation of our worst fears,” the statement read.

The statement was signed by the Director General of BATOGD, retired General Olumuyiwa Okunowo, along with 34 others.

The group said it could not risk exposing its supporters to harm, leading to the decision for Daniel to step aside from the exercise.

“On this note, we have advised our Principal, His Excellency, Senator Otunba Gbenga Daniel, to distance himself from the senatorial party primary elections.

“We also hereby advise our supporters to stay away from the venues of the senatorial party primary election of Monday, May 18, 2026, for their own safety,” it added.

Confirming the development, Daniel’s media aide, Steve Oliyide, said the decision was taken to protect supporters from potential danger.

“Yes, because we cannot put our supporters in harm’s way. Their safety is more of our concern than the contest. If the party is ready to conduct a free and fair election and can guarantee the safety of our members, then we are game,” he said.

Advertisement

latest

Accord Raises Alarm, Says Attack On Adeleke’s Office Happened Under Security Agencies’ Watch.

Published

on

The Accord Party (AP) has strongly condemned the attack on Imole House, the campaign office and party secretariat of Governor Ademola Adeleke, located in Osogbo, Osun State.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Sunday night in Osogbo, marking the second attack on the facility within two weeks by suspected thugs.

The attackers reportedly fired gunshots at the building, shattering glass windows and damaging several offices, including that of the Accord State Chairman, Victor Akande. A suspicious inscription on the wall reading, “Say No to automatic ticket,” was also discovered at the scene, suggesting a possible warning message.

In a statement signed by its National Chairman, Maxwell Mgbuden, the Accord Party said it had earlier alerted security agencies about alleged plans by political actors to deploy thugs to disrupt peace in the state ahead of the August 15, 2026 governorship election.

The party expressed shock that the attack still occurred despite those warnings, insisting it happened under the watch of security operatives.

Accord called on the Inspector General of Police and the Director-General of the DSS to immediately track down and prosecute those responsible, as well as their alleged sponsors. It also urged authorities to deploy adequate security around Imole House and other strategic locations to prevent further attacks.

The party condemned what it described as “garrison politics,” stressing that politics should be based on ideas rather than violence. It further alleged that opposition elements were behind efforts to destabilise the state through violent means.

Accord maintained that Governor Adeleke has performed well and deserves a second term, adding that the people of Osun State are prepared to vote for continuity in the coming election.

Continue Reading

latest

El-Rufai Family Raises Alarm, Claims DSS Attempted To Re-Arrest Former Governor.

Published

on

The family of former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has alleged that operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) attempted to take him into custody shortly after proceedings at the Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

latest

“You Can’t Be Senator And Abandon Your People” – Okowa Blasts Ned Nwoko After Election Victory.

Published

on

Former Governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa, has reacted shortly after defeating the incumbent Senator representing Delta North, Ned Nwoko, in the All Progressives Congress (APC) senatorial primary election.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Speaking with journalists after the exercise, Okowa pledged to be a dedicated representative of the Delta North Senatorial District if elected in 2027.

He stressed that a senator must remain close to the people, adding that he would regularly return to the state to maintain strong ties with his constituents.

According to him, lawmakers are expected to stay connected with those they represent in order to effectively convey their concerns at the national level.

Okowa expressed appreciation to supporters for their backing, saying he remained committed to serving the people wholeheartedly.

He said, “I thank my people for the love they have showered upon me, and I pray that the Lord God will continue to energize me to do the best I can for the whole of Delta North.

“I have one promise: that I will serve the people with all my heart.

“I expect to return home as regularly as possible to greet our people. You cannot be a senator and stay away from your people because they sent you to represent them.

“I shall be a good representative of the good people of Delta North. Whenever my presence is needed, they will surely find me.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS