Connect with us

Politics

BREAKING: Bandits Seize Control Of Old Kuyello, Forcing Villagers To Abandon Homes

Published

on

Residents of Old Kuyello village in Kaduna State, under the Birnin Gwari local government area, have abandoned their homes due to a clash between bandits and Ansaru militants. The conflict erupted after bandits seized control of the community on Sunday at around 3 pm….CONTINUE READING....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

 

 

 

Reports indicate that five days prior to the incident, the bandits ambushed Ansaru militants operating in Old Kuyello, resulting in the death of five militants. Subsequently, the Ansaru militants retreated into the forest, allowing the bandits to infiltrate the village and loot food supplies belonging to the residents.

Hadi Kuyello, a community leader and resident, confirmed the situation, revealing that numerous bandits were killed during the confrontation with Ansaru militants in the forest. He stated, “As we speak, men, women, and children are fleeing to safer villages because the bandits have invaded Old Kuyello village, carting away foodstuff.”

Ishaq Usman Kasai, Chairman of Birnin Gwari Emirate Progressive Union, also verified the incident.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

latest

“ACCOUNT FREEZE DRAMA: How One Phone Call From The President Made Adeleke Back Down!”.

Published

on

Following his victory in the August 15 governorship election, re-elected Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke announced that he has directed the state’s Attorney General to drop the lawsuit challenging the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the freezing of state bank accounts.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Speaking on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, Adeleke explained that he decided to move past the legal dispute following a phone call and intervention from President Bola Tinubu. Previously, the governor’s administration had criticized the pre-election account freeze as politically motivated. Addressing related inquiries concerning state officials and supporters summoned by the anti-graft agency, Adeleke noted that his legal team is providing ongoing assistance.

Continue Reading

latest

Osun: APC Speaks On Taking Action Against Adeleke’s Victory.

Published

on

Following the recent election outcomes, the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Osun State has announced that it is currently reviewing the results and consulting with its legal team before determining its next steps.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

In a public statement, party representatives noted that legal avenues and tribunals form a standard part of the electoral process, and urged members and supporters to remain calm, law-abiding, and focused on maintaining peace across the state.

The party further stated that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) ‘s decision to declare a winner does not mark the end of the electoral process, as aggrieved parties can challenge the outcome of an election.

APC, in a statement released on Sunday, through its Director of Media and Information, Kola Olabisi, said its leadership was scrutinising the results from all wards and would consult its legal team before taking further steps.

The opposition party maintained that the electoral process extends beyond voting and declaration of results to the courts where necessary.

The statement read, “We are not unaware of the fact that election is a process which begins at the registration of the voters through the primary election to the election proper, which extends to the tribunal, the Appeal Court and terminates at the Supreme Court.

“An election cannot be said to have been concluded without having explored all these constitutionally allowed legal opportunities to enrich the nation’s jurisprudence as enshrined in the Electoral Act 2026 as amended.”

The opposition party further stated that, after consulting its lawyers, it would consider all options available under the Electoral Act.

It commended its members and supporters for their loyalty and urged them not to be discouraged by the outcome announced by INEC.

The party also appealed to its supporters across Osun State to remain peaceful and avoid responding to any form of provocation.

“As a result of the foregoing, we are imploring our ever loyal members and supporters to remain calm while they carry on with their businesses and refuse to respond to any provocative action or inaction from any of the members of the ruling party across the state,” it said.

The APC further assured its members that the party was still considering its options.

“It is necessary to assure our members and supporters to remain steadfast about the current situation and have it in mind that it is not over until it is over,” the statement added.

APC charged the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) to protect its members and supporters, alleging that some of them were being harassed by members of the opposition.

The APC described the current political development in Osun as a temporary phase, expressing confidence that it would eventually become part of the state’s political history.

Continue Reading

latest

“WHAT COMES NEXT? INEC Breaks Silence With Urgent Update After Declaring Osun Winner!”.

Published

on

Following the successful completion of the electoral process, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has officially announced the shutdown of its central monitoring and oversight facility, known as the Situation Room, in Osun State. This development follows the official declaration of the election results, which can be reviewed directly on the Independent National Electoral Commission portal.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reflecting on the exercise, the leadership commended the extensive efforts, professionalism, and sacrifices demonstrated by personnel across headquarters, state offices, and field units who contributed to the administration of the democratic exercise. Stakeholders seeking further verified information regarding electoral guidelines and administrative updates are encouraged to consult official resources provided by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

Continue Reading

Trending