Connect with us

Crime

Two Edo Chiefs And Five Others Arrested For Train Attack .

Published

on

The Edo State Government verified the arrest of two village chiefs in connection with the January 7 train attack that culminated in the kidnapping of 20 people at the Igueben train station.

....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Chris Nehikhare, the state Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, revealed that seven more suspects had been arrested in connection with the attack, and that security personnel had also rescued two remaining passengers in captivity.

He made the announcement shortly after the state executive council met in Benin on Wednesday.

“The success story in the kidnapping is that five people, including two village heads, have been arrested in connection with the incident and are assisting with investigations,” Nehikhare added.
When asked for the names of the village chiefs, he stated more information should be obtained from the police.

Chidi Nwabuzor, the state police spokesman, could not be reached for comment since his phone was turned off.

However, Benson Odia, Executive Director of Esan Youth for Good Governance and Social Justice, informed our correspondent that the chiefs were innocent and that their detention had political overtones.

He said, “You see, the government is playing politics. The chiefs were never accused of being a perpetrator or whatever. The arrest of those chiefs and the traditional rulers has political undertone because these days they are now partisan. They are not supporting his political party that is why the governor is trying to use them as scapegoats.”

Odia said banditry was not only taking place in Igueben forest and Udo forest but “because there was a train attack, the governor is now trying to use some traditional rulers as scapegoats.’’

He added, “Even in Edo North in Akoko Edo, the local government of deputy governor, kidnappers are on rampage there and Fulani are also grazing cows. Those traditional rulers are not kidnappers. They were never involved in criminal activities. The governor just wants to embarrass them. We are aware that the traditional rulers have been remanded.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

THE END OF THE ROAD! Dramatic Court Verdict Seals The Fate Of Two Die-Hard Cultists In Ogun!.

Published

on

An Ogun State Magistrate Court presided over by Magistrate O.L. Oke has sentenced two men, Moruf Okusanya (40) and Babatunde Gafar (33), to seven years in prison each without an option of a fine, following their conviction on a four-count charge.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Case Background and Prosecution

The convicts were apprehended following a violent cult clash at the Ikenne Town Hall on October 23, 2023, which severely disrupted public peace and local activities.

Prosecuting officer ASP Olaide Rawlings established during the trial that Okusanya belonged to the Eiye Confraternity, while Gafar was affiliated with the Alora Confraternity, alongside other accomplices currently at large. Their actions violated several provisions of the Prohibition of Forcible Entry and Occupation of Landed Properties, Armed Robbery, Cultism, Kidnapping and Other Anti-Violent and Related Offences Law of Ogun State, 2016.

Finding the prosecution’s evidence credible and compelling beyond a reasonable doubt, Magistrate Oke delivered the sentence to serve as a strict deterrent against unlawful secret societies and violent disturbances in the state.

Continue Reading

Crime

THE NET CLOSES: Dangerous Fugitive Wanted For Murder Caught In Dramatic Police Swoop!.

Published

on

The Nigeria Police Force, operating via the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) in Abuja, successfully apprehended and repatriated Mahadijiria Abdoulaye, a Chadian national wanted by authorities in N’Djamena over the May 3, 2026, murder and torture of Nazik Mahamat Saleh                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          . Following an international arrest warrant issued on June 22, 2026, by the Court of Appeal in N’Djamena for Abdoulaye and her accomplice Fatime Senoussi Mouktar—alongside links to narcotics trafficking—the suspect fled to Nigeria. Intelligence-led operations tracked her down to Railway Quarters in Nasarawa Local Government Area, Kano State, where she was arrested on August 5, 2026. Under established bilateral frameworks and in collaboration with INTERPOL NCB N’Djamena, she was repatriated back to Chad via Lomé, Togo, on August 14, 2026, to face trial. Inspector-General of Police IGP Olatunji Disu lauded the operatives for their exemplary coordination, emphasizing the force’s resolve to dismantle trans-border criminal networks and prevent Nigeria from serving as a safe haven for international fugitives.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Continue Reading

Crime

PAYING THE PRICE: EFCC Cracks Down Hard, Nails Middleman In ₦16 Million Laundering Storm!

Published

on

A Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, has sentenced Sunmonu Olasunkanmi Thaoban to four years in prison for laundering ₦16 million by disguising its illegal origins and converting it into a 2018 black G-Wagon Jeep.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Court Sentences Man to Four Years for ₦16 Million Money Laundering, Forfeits G-Wagon

A Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, has sentenced Sunmonu Olasunkanmi Thaoban to four years in prison for laundering ₦16 million by disguising its illegal origins and converting it into a 2018 black G-Wagon Jeep.

Key Details of the Case

  • Guilty Plea & Sentencing: Justice Akintayo Aluko handed down the sentence on Thursday after Thaoban pleaded guilty to a two-count EFCC charge, alongside an alternative fine option of ₦1.8 million.

  • The Offense: Prosecutors stated that Thaoban acted as a middleman in 2023, funneling illicit funds to purchase the luxury vehicle, violating the Money Laundering (Prevention and Prohibition) Act, 2022.

  • Asset Forfeiture: In addition to the prison term, the judge ordered the permanent forfeiture of both the convict’s G-Wagon and mobile phone to the Federal Government.

Related BDC Convictions

In a separate proceeding, Justice Aluko also convicted four Bureau de Change (BDC) operators—Umar Muhammad Lamido, Yusuf Musa Yusuf, Abdulmuhimin Mahmud, and Muhammed Musa—for conducting unauthorized foreign exchange transactions outside the official market. Following their guilty pleas, each received a 12-month prison sentence with an option of a ₦100,000 fine.

Continue Reading

Trending