Connect with us

latest

NO PLACE TO HIDE! Tinubu Orders Deep Forensic Dive To Cleanse The Public Service Of Impostors!.

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu has ordered a comprehensive forensic investigation into the creation of the Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council (PFIPC) and other fake agencies uncovered within the Federal Government’s system.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The meeting, presided over by Tinubu, was the first FEC session since June 29.

Oyedele said the decision followed updates presented to the President on the investigation conducted by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

According to him, the investigation revealed that the fake council was not an isolated case, prompting the President to order a wider examination of government processes and controls.

Oyedele said, “That is to do with the fake agency that is called the Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council. Mr President gave us the updates about the work the ICPC has done, and as a result of that, the council has directed that we commission a forensic investigation that will look into our processes, our procedures, internal control weaknesses that allow some of these things to happen, because the findings discovered that we indeed have additional fake agencies.

“What is important is to establish what went wrong, how it can be prevented, and going forward, how we can make our systems stronger. Systems are built when you find problems, you deal with them decisively, and that’s exactly what Mr President and council have directed today.”

Oyedele said Tinubu had directed that the investigation should also cover the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS).

He said the discovery of fake government agencies raised concerns about the possibility of fictitious workers being included on the Federal Government payroll.

Oyedele further stated, “Mr President directed that the review should extend to IPPIS, because if you have fake agencies, you most likely have fake employees.

“In a country where you would have seen Mr President doing everything to ensure we enhance payroll, salaries and wages, we can’t afford to have fake people hanging around. It undermines our ability to pay our people well, who are doing the hard work.”

The minister disclosed that ₦9.495 trillion generated through subsidy savings and increased revenue had been used to fund additional salaries and allowances for civil servants.

He said the amount was higher than the actual savings the Federal Government realised from removing the petrol subsidy.

Oyedele said the investigation would also examine how the fictitious agencies secured administrative and Treasury Single Account codes within the Federal Government system.

He noted that although the fake entities reached the stage of having accounts, no government funds were paid into them.

The minister further stated, “They managed to register and obtain an administrative code as well as a TSA code. The only thing that didn’t happen was that we didn’t pay any money to those accounts.

“But it’s gone too far to even get to that level. Now the idea is we want to find out what went wrong and strengthen the system.”

He said the Attorney-General of the Federation and his ministry had been directed to work with relevant government institutions to address the issue from administrative, accounting and governance perspectives.

Idris Speaks On ICPC’s Findings

The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, said the ICPC findings showed that the problem extended beyond the fake Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council.

According to Idris, investigators identified at least two other fictitious agencies operating within the system.

Idris said, “The President was informed that it is not just about the so-called Presidential Foreign Promotion Council and the fake DG that was there, but that there were at least two additional fake agencies that were in that process.

“So what the President said was that this is not just about accounting; it is also about the administrative looseness that was discovered by the ICPC.”

Idris said Tinubu had directed the Attorney-General and Finance Minister to jointly examine the government’s administrative and accounting procedures and engage professional audit firms to conduct a comprehensive forensic review.

The minister said the objective was to permanently close the loopholes that allowed the scandal to occur.

He added, “So that we have a forensic, total evaluation of this system, with a view to plugging this once and for all, so we don’t have this national embarrassment again

“I want you to know that this didn’t just happen now. It is possible that this dates back longer than when the President was in office.

“The President is not just looking at this; he is looking at the possibility that this may also have occurred elsewhere, and trying to find a solution that will block this from recurring going forward.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

latest

Political Blockbuster: Inside Kwankwaso’s Shocking Strategy Behind Working With Peter Obi!

Published

on

The 2027 vice presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Rabiu Kwankwaso, has disclosed that he agreed to serve as Peter Obi’s running mate to bring solutions to the myriad challenges facing Nigeria.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Kwankwaso, in a statement on Wednesday night, lamented that the country is faced with multiple challenges, including youth unemployment, insecurity, and economic downturn.

He, however, said working with Peter Obi gives the chance to turn things around and build the kind of nation that the incoming generation would be proud of.

News reports that the former Governor of Kano State made his stand known in a statement issued to Nigerians to mark the official commencement of campaigns for the 2027 presidential elections.

He said Nigerians stand at a critical crossroads going into the 2027 elections.

He said, “My dear Nigerians,

“As the 2027 presidential campaign officially begins, I call on every Nigerian to reflect deeply on the state of our nation and the kind of country we want to leave for the next generation.

“Nigeria stands at a critical crossroads. Our people are facing a difficult economic reality. The rising cost of food and essential goods has placed enormous pressure on families.

“Millions of young Nigerians are searching for meaningful employment and opportunities, while businesses are struggling with high operating costs and an uncertain economic environment.

“At the same time, insecurity continues to threaten communities across the country. Too many families have lost loved ones, homes and livelihoods to terrorism, banditry, kidnapping and other forms of violence.

“Our farmers need security to return to their farms, our children need safe schools, and every Nigerian deserves to live without fear.

“Our education and healthcare systems require urgent investment. Our infrastructure must be improved, our institutions strengthened, and public resources managed with greater transparency and accountability.”

Despite the identified challenges, Kwankwaso insisted that the solutions are in sight with the right set of leaders and urged Nigerians to support the Obi-Kwankwaso presidential ticket.

He argued that their interest is beyond politics or religion, but focused on making Nigeria work for the prosperity of its citizens.

The former Minister also charged politicians to campaign peacefully and responsibly.

“These challenges are serious, but Nigeria is full of hope. We have the people, resources and potential to build a prosperous and secure nation. What we need is leadership with the competence, courage and commitment to put the interests of Nigerians first.

“This is why I have chosen to work with His Excellency, Peter Obi, on the Obi-Kwankwaso ticket.

“Our partnership is not about region, religion or personal ambition. It is about Nigeria. We believe in a country where government serves the people, where hard work is rewarded, where young people can build successful futures at home, and where every citizen has a fair opportunity to prosper.

“To our young people, women, workers, farmers, entrepreneurs and professionals, I ask you to join us in this journey.

“Let us move beyond politics of division and focus on the issues that affect our daily lives. Let us demand accountability, competence and results from those entrusted with public office.

“The 2027 election presents Nigerians with an opportunity to choose a new direction.

“I therefore call on all Nigerians to support the Obi–Kwankwaso ticket and all candidates of the NDC and join us in the task of rebuilding our nation.

“Let us campaign peacefully, responsibly and with the national interest at heart.

Continue Reading

latest

Inside Job? FCMB Staff Lands In Deep Trouble Over Alleged $25,000 Credential Hack!.

Published

on

A staff member of First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Gideon Bakpa Aghogho, alongside an alleged accomplice, Oscar Ebere Chukwuebuka, was arraigned before the Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The suspects were brought before Justice F.S.N. Ogazi by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on an eight-count charge bordering on conspiracy, unauthorized access to computer systems, illegal disclosure of credentials, and retention of proceeds from unlawful activities. An additional suspect, identified as “Scott,” remains at large.

Key Highlights of the Arraignment

  • Access Credentials Breach: According to the Lagos Zonal Directorate of the EFCC, the charges stem from the illegal provision and utilization of sensitive server IP and domain credentials that could grant unauthorized entry to the FCMB Virtual Center Platform.

  • Plea and Legal Representation: When the charges were read, Aghogho entered a plea of not guilty, while Chukwuebuka pleaded guilty. Prosecution counsel Bilikisu Buhari requested trial dates and a review of facts respectively.

  • Court Remand and Next Date: Justice Ogazi ordered that the defendants be remanded in a correctional facility and adjourned the matter to August 27, 2026, for the commencement of trial proceedings and the review of facts.

  • Financial Indictments: Court documents allege that the disclosure of the bank’s system access details was conducted in exchange for thousands of dollars, with individual counts also citing the retention of illegal proceeds.

Continue Reading

latest

Massive Infrastructure Wave: Federal Government Approves N438 Billion For Nationwide Roads And Trailer Parks!.

Published

on

The Federal Executive Council (FEC), presided over by President Bola Tinubu, has approved approximately ₦438 billion for major road construction, rehabilitation, and nationwide trailer park concessions.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The approvals were announced on Wednesday by the Minister of State for Works, Bello Goronyo, following the FEC meeting at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Approved Road Construction and Rehabilitation Projects

  • Ekiti State: Reconstruction of the Ado-Ekiti–Iyin–Aramoko–Itawure–Osun border road awarded to CBC Global Civil and Building Construction Nigeria Ltd. for ₦159.83 billion. Additionally, Phase II rehabilitation of the Ado-Ekiti–Afe Babalola University Road was approved for ₦54.52 billion.

  • Ogun State: A variation order of ₦54.12 billion was approved for the rehabilitation of the Abeokuta–Iboro–Ilaro Road, alongside the construction of the Ilara–Iselu Road (Phases II–V) awarded to JRB Construction Company Ltd. for ₦94.24 billion, with a 24-month completion period.

  • Rivers State: Reconstruction of the 15 km Port Harcourt–Eleme Junction–Onne Port Junction section of the East-West Road was awarded to RCC Nigeria Ltd. for ₦74.51 billion, targeted for completion within nine months.

Highway and Trailer Park Public-Private Partnerships

  • Niger State: Development of the 7.9 km Dikko–Maje section of the Suleja–Minna Road approved under a 40-year concession to Graciatech Engineering Nigeria Ltd. for ₦56.75 billion.

  • Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: Operation and maintenance approved under a 25-year concession to LIB Concession Group for ₦96.43 billion.

  • Abia State: Development of a greenfield trailer park at Aro-Ngwa awarded under a 50-year concession to Greg Jane International Ltd. for ₦19.70 billion.

Continue Reading

Trending