Connect with us

latest

ASP In Trouble As Police Arrest Officer Who Threatened To Kill Anyone Filming Him.

Published

on

The Anambra State Police Command has arrested a police officer who was seen in a viral video threatening to shoot anyone who records him while on duty.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

According to reports, the officer, identified as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Newton Isokpehi, triggered public outrage after a video surfaced online showing him warning that he would “clear everybody down,” including bystanders, if anyone attempted to film him during official duties.

In the clip, the officer, speaking in Pidgin English and addressing the camera, also warned that any senior officer who approved the filming of policemen would be responsible for burying those he threatened to kill.

The video went viral on platforms such as and Instagram before it was later deleted from his TikTok account.

He later posted another video apologising for his remarks, saying they were made in a moment of frustration.

However, in a statement issued on Thursday by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Finance and Administration, Ngozi Ezeabata, on behalf of Commissioner Ikioye Orutugu, the Command confirmed his arrest and the commencement of disciplinary action.

The statement said the Command acted swiftly immediately the video came to its attention, identifying and detaining the officer.

It confirmed that Isokpehi, an ASP serving in the Command, is now undergoing internal disciplinary procedures in line with the ethics and regulations of the Nigeria Police Force.

As part of the investigation, the officer has also undergone a drug test to help establish the circumstances surrounding the incident and ensure a transparent process.

The Commissioner of Police condemned the officer’s conduct, describing it as unacceptable and contrary to the standards of the Force, stressing that misconduct, abuse of power, or any form of unprofessional behaviour would not be tolerated.

The Command assured the public that the outcome of the disciplinary process would be made public,

Advertisement

latest

Tension As ICPC Allegedly Denies ADC Leaders Access To El-Rufai In Custody.

Published

on

Leaders of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) have allegedly been denied access to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, who is currently in the custody of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The ADC delegation included the party’s National Secretary, Rauf Aregbesola, National Publicity Secretary, Bolaji Abdullahi, and Secretary of the ADC Manifesto and Policy Committee, Salihu Lukman.

The party leaders were said to have visited the ICPC facility in Abuja in an attempt to meet El-Rufai but were reportedly denied entry. Details surrounding the incident remain unclear as of Friday afternoon.

The development comes days after the ICPC dismissed claims that El-Rufai was being denied access to food, family members, and medical care while in detention.

At a press briefing, ICPC spokesperson Okor Odey described the allegations as “false and misleading.”

He explained that visitors are allowed into ICPC detention facilities between 9:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., noting that El-Rufai’s wife reportedly arrived outside approved visiting hours.

Odey also stated that authorised visitors, including family members, lawyers, and medical personnel, are granted access under supervision.

However, the El-Rufai family had earlier alleged that the former governor was denied access to his personal doctors despite a Kaduna High Court order granting him unrestricted access to legal and medical practitioners.

They further claimed that the ICPC’s in-house doctor had recommended further medical evaluation before access was allegedly restricted.

A family member said, “When you see a doctor and you run tests, you are expected to see the doctor back so that he explains what the problem is.”

El-Rufai’s second wife, Hasiat, also alleged, “He was denied access to the doctor.”

Continue Reading

latest

Osun Accord Chairman Demands Immediate Release Of Detained Party Member From Police Custody.

Published

on

The Chairman of the Accord Party in Osun State, Pastor Victor Akande, has appealed to the State Commissioner of Police to order the immediate release of a party supporter allegedly being held at the State Criminal Investigation Department (CID).....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

In a statement released on Friday, Akande alleged that the party member, identified as Owoeye Muyiwa, had been in custody for three days following an alleged directive linked to Senator Francis Fadahunsi through his police orderly.

According to him, Muyiwa, who is said to support Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke and is a member of the Accord Party, was reportedly arrested after placing a billboard of the governor within his family compound.

The party further alleged that the detention may be connected to Muyiwa’s alleged refusal to defect to the All Progressives Congress (APC), despite repeated pressure and invitations from Senator Fadahunsi.

Akande also claimed that attempts were made to link Muyiwa to the vandalisation of APC billboards in the area.

He noted that individuals allegedly brought forward to identify the suspect told investigators they did not see him vandalising any billboard, thereby clearing him of the accusation.

Despite this, the Accord chairman said Muyiwa has remained in custody at the State CID without any evidence directly tying him to a crime.

According to the statement, officers at the CID were said to have informed concerned persons that only the Commissioner of Police could approve his release.

Akande described the continued detention as intimidation and harassment allegedly targeted at Accord Party members and supporters in Ijesaland.

He therefore urged the Commissioner of Police to ensure Muyiwa’s immediate and unconditional release, insisting that no citizen should be detained for political reasons or for exercising their lawful rights.

He also called on the Inspector General of Police, the Owa Obokun Palace, and relevant democratic institutions within and outside Nigeria to take note of what he described as growing violations of citizens’ rights in Ijesaland.

Akande stressed that democracy must be protected and that citizens must be allowed to freely express their political choices without fear of intimidation or harassment.

Continue Reading

latest

Adamawa APC Aspirant Girei Rejects Exclusion From Governorship Primary List.

Published

on

One of the governorship aspirants of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Adamawa State, Salihu Girei, who took part in the party’s primary election held on Thursday, has rejected what he described as his unexplained omission from the exercise.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

In a complaint letter made available to journalists on Friday evening, Girei said he complied with all party guidelines, including appearing before the screening committee and participating fully in the screening process.

“However, to my utmost surprise, I discovered that the list released by the committee responsible for conducting the primary election omitted my name entirely without any explanation or stated reason,” he stated.

He explained that after his screening, he was neither informed of any disqualification nor any adverse decision affecting his eligibility, adding that he was also not invited to appear before the Post-Screening Appeal Committee.

“Therefore, throughout the process, there was nothing whatsoever to indicate that I had been disqualified or was otherwise excluded from participation in the primary election,” he added.

Girei argued that the omission raises serious concerns about fairness, transparency, and equal opportunity in the party’s internal democratic process, insisting that he was denied the chance to participate in the contest.

He further appealed to the National Chairman through the Adamawa State APC Appeal Committee to intervene by reviewing the circumstances surrounding his exclusion, reinstating his name on a revised list of cleared aspirants, and ordering a fresh primary election to ensure fairness.

His complaint was made public just hours after the APC announced Ahmed Tijani Galadima as the winner of the Adamawa governorship primary election.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS