Connect with us

latest

Kaduna NDC Endorses Obi-Kwankwaso Ticket, Targets Aso Rock Victory.

Published

on

The Kaduna State chapter of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has thrown its weight behind a proposed presidential ticket involving Peter Obi and Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso ahead of the 2027 general elections, expressing confidence that the alliance can defeat the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) at both state and national levels.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The endorsement was announced on Wednesday during the party’s first expanded joint executive committee meeting held with local government and ward chairmen, as well as aspirants, in Kaduna.

The meeting attracted governorship aspirants, National Assembly and House of Assembly hopefuls, zonal executives, and party officials from all 23 local government areas of the state.

Speaking at the event, the Kaduna State Chairman of the NDC, Mordecai Ibrahim, said the party was established to provide Nigerians with what he described as “genuine hope” following years of hardship under the APC-led administration.

He accused successive APC governments since 2015 of worsening insecurity, economic difficulties and governance challenges across the country.

According to him, “We all know that the APC has dragged Nigeria and Nigerians 50 years backwards since it assumed power in 2015. Nigerians are indeed groaning today under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration like the children of Israel groaned under Pharaoh’s slavery.”

Ibrahim disclosed that the party had already built structures across Kaduna State’s 255 wards and was preparing to unveil its state secretariat officially.

“We may not have been heard, but we have taken time to build our foundation to be solid and deeply rooted underground. Now it is time to announce our presence in the state,” he stated.

The party chairman further revealed that the NDC had increased its membership target from 500 to 1,500 members per ward, with plans to register at least 1.5 million members across Kaduna State before October 31.

He also directed defectors from other political parties to submit resignation letters from their former parties before becoming eligible to contest elective positions on the NDC platform.

Expressing optimism ahead of the 2027 elections, Ibrahim declared that the party was determined to produce the next governor of Kaduna State and also take control of the presidency.

“With the calibre of aspirants we have gathered in the state, and our presidential candidate which is now obvious, our destination in NDC is Aso Rock Villa in 2027,” he said.

Speaking with journalists after the meeting, one of the governorship aspirants, Ibrahim Abdulkarim, explained that the gathering was organised to strengthen party structures and mobilise members ahead of future elections.

He noted that the party already had over 30,000 officials across Kaduna State and stressed that members had agreed to prioritise the party’s success above personal ambitions.

“What we are doing here today is to see ourselves, have a conversation with our aspirants and also put before us that the party is supreme and that we have to build the party for us to win the election, not only in Kaduna but everywhere,” he said.

Abdulkarim, who described himself as an ICT expert, also claimed that the “Obidient Movement” had aligned with the NDC nationally, alleging that Peter Obi had secured the party’s presidential ticket while Rabiu Kwankwaso was being considered as his running mate.

“Our principal, Mr Peter Obi, has already secured the ticket for NDC and hopefully his running mate will be Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso.

“At least if you have these two people, every young man and young woman in Nigeria will believe this is exactly the kind of combination we want, people who care about education and are trying to lift young people,” he added.

The governorship aspirant also lamented growing religious divisions in Kaduna State and called on residents to embrace unity.

“We want Kaduna to return to what it used to be. We believe the diversity God gave Kaduna is meant to give it an edge above other states,” he said.

Advertisement

latest

“I Will Kill Anyone That Films Me” — Police Officer Sparks Public Fury In Viral Video.

Published

on

A viral video has surfaced showing a man identifying himself as a police officer, Newton Isokpehi, threatening to kill any Nigerian who records him while he is on duty.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

In the less-than-three-minute clip, the officer criticised the directive that allows citizens to film police officers during public operations, describing it as unacceptable.

Speaking in Pidgin English, he warned that he would shoot passengers in a bus if anyone attempted to record him while he was carrying out his duties.

He also stated that any senior police officer who supports civilians filming officers should be prepared to “bury” anyone who disobeys the warning.

In his words: “Any day I’m on duty as an officer while holding my rifle, let someone video me… I will kill anyone who films me on duty.”

The officer claimed he had served in the police force for 26 years and also complained about poor welfare conditions within the system.

He further noted that improvements were being made under the leadership of the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, especially in terms of officers’ welfare.

The man also runs a TikTok account where he posts videos of himself in police uniform, with his name displayed on his attire in some clips.

Meanwhile, Nigerian courts have previously affirmed citizens’ rights to record police officers during public duties. In March, the Federal High Court in Delta State ruled that such recordings are protected under constitutional rights in a case involving lawyer Maxwell Nosakhare Uwaifo.

Similarly, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Tijani Fatai, had earlier stated that citizens are free to film officers as long as they are acting within the law.

Continue Reading

latest

Three Aspirants Already In Race As Labour Party Sells Presidential Forms — Nenadi Usman.

Published

on

The National Chairman of the Labour Party (LP), Nenadi Usman, has confirmed that the party will present a presidential candidate for the 2027 general elections, with three aspirants already having purchased nomination forms.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

She made the disclosure on Thursday during an interview with journalists in Abuja shortly after the screening of aspirants for various elective positions.

According to her, while multiple aspirants have shown interest, the party is working towards achieving a consensus candidate for the presidential race.

Usman maintained that the Labour Party remains strong and united despite ongoing internal disputes and controversies surrounding the sale of nomination forms.

She also confirmed that the party has zoned its 2027 presidential ticket to the southern region of the country.

In her words, “We have decided as a party that our next flag bearer should come from the South. We are hoping for consensus, but whoever emerges will go through a thorough screening process. I assure Nigerians the primaries will be free and fair.”

She added that the screening exercise for aspirants across various offices is progressing smoothly and has so far been successful.

Usman further dismissed claims that the party is weakened by internal disagreements, insisting that the level of interest from aspirants shows Labour Party remains a strong platform.

She also expressed confidence that the Supreme Court would uphold its earlier position on the party’s leadership dispute.

On concerns about fake nomination forms, she warned members and the public to be cautious, noting that some fraudulent forms were being circulated by unauthorized individuals.

She said, “One man came here and showed me a form his wife bought, and it was not the form issued by us. People are being deceived, and that is not right.”

Responding to concerns about the strength of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), she stated that political power ultimately rests with God and the Nigerian electorate.

Continue Reading

latest

Breaking: Chinda Emerges Rivers APC Governorship Candidate After Fubara’s Shock Exit.

Published

on

The All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship Screening Committee for Rivers State has declared Kingsley Chinda as the party’s governorship candidate following the conclusion of its primary election exercise in the state.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reports indicate that Chinda was announced the winner on Thursday evening at the APC secretariat after votes were collated from wards across the 23 local government areas of Rivers State.

Declaring the result, the Chairman of the Screening Committee, Bitrus Kwamoti, said Chinda secured a total of 268,497 votes to clinch the ticket.

Kwamoti described the exercise as peaceful and well-conducted, noting that party members demonstrated discipline throughout the process, with no major incidents recorded.

The announcement came shortly after the withdrawal of Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, from the APC governorship primary scheduled for Thursday.

Fubara had earlier announced his decision in a personally signed statement, saying it followed extensive consultations with family, friends, and political associates, while pledging support for whoever emerged as the party’s flagbearer.

Another aspirant, Tonye Cole, also stepped down from the race, citing the need to prioritise peace, reconciliation, and party unity.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS