Connect with us

latest

Taraba APC Governorship Aspirant Kente Withdraws From Primary Election Shockingly.

Published

on

A governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Taraba State, David Sabo Kente, popularly known as DSK, has withdrawn from the party’s governorship primary scheduled for Thursday, May 21, 2026.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reports indicate that Kente announced his withdrawal on Wednesday during a press briefing held at his residence in Jalingo, located opposite the DSS Quarters.

He said the decision followed extensive consultations with political associates, religious leaders, traditional rulers, and other stakeholders within and outside the state.

Kente revealed that Governor Agbu Kefas, whom he described as his younger brother, had visited him shortly after his arrival in Jalingo and appealed to him to allow him complete his remaining four years in office.

According to him, he initially did not accept the request immediately but asked for time to consult widely with his supporters and stakeholders.

“As you are aware, His Excellency, Governor Agbu Kefas, my younger brother, visited me shortly after my arrival in Jalingo and requested that I allow him to complete his remaining four years. I asked for time to consult with my supporters and stakeholders,” he said.

He added that his consultations later expanded to include leaders from various religious, political, and ethnic groups who urged him to prioritise peace and political stability in the state.

Kente also expressed dissatisfaction with the conduct of the APC primaries in Taraba State, alleging irregularities and a lack of fairness in the process.

He claimed that long-standing party members had been sidelined by new entrants who now control the party structure, raising concerns about internal democracy.

According to him, the recently concluded National Assembly primaries in the state were also allegedly marred by malpractice, which contributed to his loss of confidence in the governorship primary process.

“I have also observed with dismay the ongoing primaries of our party in the state and have concluded that nothing good can come out of it,” he said.

Kente insisted that his withdrawal was not influenced by financial inducement or personal settlement.

He said the decision was taken purely in the interest of peace, unity, and political stability within the APC and Taraba State.

“After due consultation with all relevant stakeholders… I announce my decision to step aside from the race,” he stated.

He further emphasized that despite the financial and personal investments made in his ambition, he chose to prioritise the interest of the people.

“This is not for any personal gain… I must put the people first,” he added.

Advertisement

latest

BREAKING: Fubara Withdraws From APC Governorship Primary Race.

Published

on

Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, has announced his withdrawal from the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primary election in the state.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

In a statement personally signed on Wednesday, Fubara said the decision followed deep reflection and wide consultations with family, friends, and political associates.

He added that he would fully support whoever emerges as the party’s candidate after the primaries.

Fubara stated, “After deep reflection and extensive consultations with my family, friends, and associates, I have taken the difficult but necessary decision to withdraw from the APC governorship primaries.

“I do so with a full heart and with a firm commitment to support whoever emerges as the candidate of our great party.”

Continue Reading

latest

Troost-Ekong Issues Warning To AFCON Rivals Over Crucial Away Form.

Published

on

Former Super Eagles captain William Troost-Ekong has said that performances in away matches could be the key factor in determining which teams qualify for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Troost-Ekong made the remarks following Tuesday’s draw ceremony in Cairo, where he served as one of four assistants at the Confederation of African Football (CAF)-organised event.

He explained that teams capable of securing points on the road will have a stronger advantage in the qualification race.

According to him, playing away from home is always challenging due to different pitches, environments, and playing conditions across the continent.

“Playing away from home is always difficult because you encounter different pitches, environments and conditions throughout the qualifiers,” Troost-Ekong was quoted as saying by CAFonline.

He added that while away victories are crucial, consistency throughout the qualification campaign will also be essential for success.

“Winning away from home is very important if you want to enhance your qualification chances, but consistency throughout the campaign is equally crucial,” he said.

Troost-Ekong noted that teams that manage to win difficult away fixtures will significantly boost their chances of reaching the tournament, describing the qualifying groups as highly competitive.

He also expressed excitement about the upcoming qualifiers and the tournament itself.

The AFCON 2027 qualification series will begin during the FIFA international window from September 21 to October 6, 2026, with the first two matchdays scheduled to be played.

Matchdays three and four will take place between November 9 and 17, 2026, while the final round of fixtures is set for March 22 to 30, 2027, when all qualified teams will be confirmed.

The 2027 Africa Cup of Nations will be co-hosted by Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania.

Continue Reading

entertainment

Tiwa Savage Opens Up: “I Miss Running To Don Jazzy’s Room To Cry”.

Published

on

Nigerian singer Tiwa Savage has revealed that she only fully understood the importance of a record label to an artist’s mental health after leaving Mavin Records.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The singer, who joined Mavin Records in 2012 and exited in 2019 before signing with Universal Music Group, said she still considers Mavin family despite her departure.

Speaking on the Afrobeats Intelligence podcast with Joey Akan, Tiwa Savage explained that the kind of support system an artist has within a label can significantly affect their emotional wellbeing.

She recalled her time at Mavin Records, saying she often turned to label boss Don Jazzy and other artistes during difficult moments, especially when facing online controversies.

According to her, she would sometimes break down emotionally and find comfort within the label environment, which felt like a family setting.

However, she noted that her experience with an international label has been different, as such personal support systems are not as available.

She stressed the need for artists to carefully consider whether a record label genuinely cares about their wellbeing or simply views them as business assets.

Tiwa Savage said, “Who you signed to is very important and I didn’t appreciate it until after I left Mavin. Whenever there’s a controversy online I’d run to Don Jazzy’s room, sit on the floor or bed with other Mavin acts and we would talk about it. I would cry if I had to cry and we would get through it.

“But being with a [foreign] label, they don’t really care about your personal stuff. So, I can’t really go to the Empire office and cry. I miss that part.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 NIVONEWS