Connect with us

latest

Alaafin, Ooni May Be Ensnared By Witchcraft – Worshippers Raise Alarm

Published

on

The Traditional Religion Worshippers Association in Osun State has raised concerns that the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Abimbola Owoade, and the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, may be under a spiritual spell.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

According to the association’s president, Oluseyi Atanda, the recurring disputes between the two foremost Yoruba monarchs point to the possibility of mystical interference. Tensions resurfaced on Monday after the Alaafin criticized the Ooni’s decision to confer the title of Okanlomo of Yorubaland on businessman Dotun Sanusi.

Speaking in an interview, Atanda said members of the group were considering performing traditional rites to reconcile the monarchs and avert further escalation. He expressed concern over the public exchange of words, cautioning palace aides to tread carefully.

Atanda, a gynaecologist, described the feud as “unfortunate” given the monarchs’ shared allegiance to Yoruba traditional religion. “The two monarchs are traditionalists; we are from the same root. What could have caused this fight? May we not fall under a spell in Yorubaland. This situation may be the handiwork of those who do not want Yoruba unity,” he said.

He warned that the dispute could degenerate into a wider crisis, with some Yoruba kings aligning behind the Alaafin and others siding with the Ooni. Asked directly if he believed the monarchs were under a spell, Atanda replied, “It can be a spell. What is the reason for this quarrel? Both kings are wealthy, influential, and enlightened.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

latest

“U-Turn in Benin: Governor Okpebholo’s Aide Eats Humble Pie, Publicly Apologises And Recants Anti-Davido Threats”.

Published

on

Mr. Kassy Chukwu, the Senior Special Assistant on Digital Media to Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo, has publicly apologized to Nigerian music artist Davido over earlier remarks threatening to bar the singer from performing in the state.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

In a video statement released on his X handle, Chukwu also extended an apology to the people of Edo State and Governor Okpebholo, clarifying that his initial comments were made entirely in his personal capacity and did not reflect the views or directives of the state government.

He explained that he reacted out of personal offense after hearing statements allegedly directed at the governor and his children. The Edo State Government had previously distanced itself from the aide’s initial remarks as the controversy circulated online.

Continue Reading

latest

SHOCKING ARREST: Tope Osoba’s Lover And Hairdresser Picked Up Over Nollywood Actress’ Sudden Death!.

Published

on

The romantic partner of the late Nollywood actress Temitope Osoba, widely known as Tope Osoba, has reportedly been taken into police custody following intense public scrutiny and allegations regarding the circumstances surrounding her death.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Following her death, close friends and associates publicly accused Itunu and members of his family of contributing to her demise. Critics alleged on social media that the actress was isolated, manipulated into moving in without formal marriage, and pressured by the prophet. Further accusations claimed that her car and finances were mishandled, and that she was discouraged from pursuing her acting career or associating with colleagues. Friends subsequently shared chat logs and voice notes to support these claims, leading her family to postpone her burial to allow for a formal police investigation and autopsy.

Speaking during an interview with the Celestial Reality Check—an investigative unit of the Celestial Church of Christ—Itunu strongly denied all allegations. He maintained that the actress approached him for marriage following church visits, and alleged that she struggled with an undisclosed drug addiction which he later found himself unable to finance for rehabilitation.

The reported arrest was publicly announced by online personality and associate Akeem, popularly known as “Oko Awon Single Mother,” via an Instagram video. According to Akeem, the prophet was detained alongside an unidentified hairdresser, while another individual linked to the allegations remains at large. He expressed optimism that ongoing police investigations and an upcoming autopsy will bring clarity and justice for the late actress.

Continue Reading

latest

POLITICAL SHOWDOWN: Aniagwu Tears Into Omo Agege Over Controversial Name-Dropping Tactics.

Published

on

The Delta State Commissioner for Works and Public Information, Charles Aniagwu, has dismissed allegations made by former Deputy Senate President, Ovie Omo-Agege.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Omo-Agege said there are increasingly credible threats to his life and members of his family emanating from the Delta State Government House in Asaba.

“I note with grave concern the disturbing and increasingly credible threats to my life and my family members in Delta State emanating from the Delta State Government House, Asaba,” the ex-deputy Senate President had said.

Reacting to the allegation during an appearance on Arise Television, Aniagwu said the former Deputy Senate President lacked campaign ideas.

He claimed that Omo-Agege was looking for a cheap way to access the media.

According to him, on Omo-Agege’s first day of campaigning, instead of telling the people his blueprint, he decided to make allegations against Oborevwori.

He said, “Omo-Agege is trying to mention our names so that he can have a cheap way to come to the media.

“What we have observed is that a number of these persons like himself lack campaign ideas against Governor Oborevwori. They’re not even on the same ballot.

“Our governor doesn’t go around making threats. Looking at the last three and half years, you can see the amount of safety and tranquility we have in Delta.”

Continue Reading

Trending