Connect with us

latest

Tinubu Set To Unveil Lagos Red Line Rail In February, Says Governor Sanwo-Olu

Published

on

Tinubu Set To Unveil Lagos Red Line Rail In February, Says Governor Sanwo-Olu....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has announced that the much-anticipated Lagos Red Line rail will be unveiled in February. Sanwo-Olu revealed that he has officially written to President Bola Tinubu inviting him to preside over the unveiling ceremony…..CONTINUE RAEDING

 

 

 

During the Lagos West Senatorial District Town Hall Meeting at the Balmoral Convention Centre, Sheraton, Ikeja, Sanwo-Olu shared the exciting news with the public. In December 2023, the governor had previously unveiled the Lagos Rail Mass Transit Red Line Ikeja Overpass as part of the ongoing rail project.

Sanwo-Olu expressed optimism that the Red Line rail, currently 95 percent completed, will be officially inaugurated by Tinubu before the end of the first quarter of 2024. Once operational, the Red Line rail is expected to transport approximately 500,000 passengers daily, marking a significant milestone in Lagos’s efforts to enhance public transportation infrastructure.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

latest

THE END OF AN ERA: Atiku Reveals Definitive Exit Timeline From Presidential Races!.

Published

on

The standard-bearer of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Atiku Abubakar, has announced that regardless of the outcome, next year’s polls will mark his final bid for the presidency.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reports indicate that the former Vice President made the declaration during a live session on Facebook on Thursday, reflecting on his previous runs for the nation’s highest office.

During the session, Atiku also reiterated criticisms regarding President Bola Tinubu’s academic credentials, maintaining his stance that questions surrounding the qualification remain unresolved and unacceptable for a sitting leader.

Additionally, the former Vice President pledged to reintroduce the petrol subsidy if elected, arguing that the current administration’s removal of the policy has placed an undue economic burden on citizens without delivering visible corresponding benefits. While President Tinubu initially terminated the subsidy in May 2023 to free up resources for infrastructure and governance, Atiku stated that his perspective on the policy shifted after assessing its severe consequences on everyday living costs.

Continue Reading

latest

THE BATTLE OF TITANS: Presidency Breaks Silence On High-Stakes Showdown With Catholic Cleric!.

Published

on

Temitope Ajayi, the Senior Special Assistant to President Bola Tinubu on Media and Publicity, has clarified that his recent remarks addressing Archbishop Emeritus of Abuja, Cardinal John Onaiyekan, were not intended to show disrespect to the cleric or the broader Christian community.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Reports indicate that Cardinal Onaiyekan, accompanied by a delegation from the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBCN), had previously met with President Tinubu at the State House in Abuja to discuss critical national matters, including insecurity, the state of education, democratic principles, and rising poverty.

During a subsequent interview on Arise TV, Onaiyekan shared details of the private exchanges between the president and the bishops regarding the economy. In response at the time, Ajayi publicly criticized the cleric, describing his decision to reveal details of a closed-door meeting as “an abuse of clerical privilege.”

However, during a follow-up appearance on ARISE TV on Thursday, Ajayi explained that his initial comments were meant to offer a different perspective on the narrative rather than undermine the cardinal’s esteemed position in society or the church.

Affirming that the issue has been put to rest, the presidential aide stated:

“Well, I think that episode has been closed. Cardinal Onaiyekan is a respected clergy and a statement in his own right. My response to him did not in any way disrespect him or disrespect his standing in society and the church. He’s one of the leaders of the faith… I only tried to provide a different perspective from his own account of the bishop’s encounter with the president, and I think that point has been made. And I think it’s not something we really want to dwell further on.”

Continue Reading

latest

STRANDED AT THE TERMINAL? FAAN Sparks Outrage With Plan To Kick Uber & Bolt Out Of Airports!.

Published

on

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has clarified that ride-hailing services such as Uber and Bolt have not been prohibited from operating at the nation’s airports.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

According to reports, management issued a statement on Thursday to address growing anxieties regarding rumored restrictions targeting e-hailing operations across various facilities under its authority.

FAAN emphasized that its intent is neither to limit passengers’ freedom of choice nor to block digital transport providers from assisting air travelers. Instead, the focus is on maintaining regulatory compliance that reinforces security, protects passengers, and ensures seamless airport traffic flow.

The statement read in part:

“FAAN wishes to clarify that its position is not, and has never been, directed at limiting passengers’ access to transportation options or undermining the important role that e-hailing services play in providing convenient mobility to air travellers. The services must be identifiable, accountable and properly integrated into the airport’s operational and security framework. ACHRAMS is not an e-hailing application and is not intended to compete with or replicate the services provided by Uber, Bolt or any other e-hailing platform.”

Continue Reading

Trending