Connect with us

latest

No Nigerian Should Be Hungry Because We Have Farmlands and God’s Rain – Buhari

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has told Nigerians to be willing to farm what they would eat or starve to death, stating that no one has the right to complain of hunger in Nigeria.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Buhari stated this on Wednesday in an interview with Tambarin Hausa TV, a Kano State-based media, that despite the floods that had devastated farming communities, Nigeria could still feed itself.

He added that one of the policies he undertook upon assuming office in 2015 was to block the Nigerian borders from food importation and force people back to farm.

He said, “I took that decision to stop rice importation and said we should farm what we eat or die of hunger.”

“I said that since we have farm land and God has blessed us with rain, what reason does a Nigerian have to say he’s hungry?”

“If you are hungry, go to the farm. I’m aware that floods have ravaged some farmlands this season but we are still selling rice made in Nigeria, and we can feed ourselves. Is that not an achievement?”

“We have workers who left their air-conditioned offices and went into farming, and they had bounty harvests. So, we are grateful.”

Meanwhile, banditry, insurgency, and other criminal activities have driven thousands of farmers from their fields during the last seven years of Buhari government, as insecurity envelops vast swaths of ungoverned space across Nigeria, particularly in the North.

For instance, in November 2020, now fewer than 110 farmers were murdered by Boko Haram terrorists in northern Borno, according to the United Nations.

It was also learnt that many villagers in northern states such as Niger, Kaduna, and Katsina pay taxes to bandits and insurgents in order to work peacefully on their farms.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

latest

Political Firestorm: Kwankwaso Fires Back At Sheikh Jingir Over Explosive Muslim-Muslim Ticket Comments!.

Published

on

Rabiu Kwankwaso, the former Kano State Governor, has publicly criticized recent remarks made by Islamic cleric Sheikh Sani Yahaya Jingir regarding religious political tickets.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

Sheikh Jingir had previously advocated for the retention of a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket ahead of the 2027 elections, arguing that it serves to demonstrate demographic weight. These comments were made during an event in Kano that was reportedly attended by several political figures, including Kano State Governor Abba Yusuf and Jigawa State Governor Umar Namadi.

Kwankwaso’s Response

In a statement issued on Monday, Kwankwaso expressed deep concern over the cleric’s remarks, stating that such rhetoric threatens national unity and cohesion.

  • Call for Unity: He emphasized that religious and political leaders have a responsibility to foster reconciliation and avoid statements that could deepen societal divisions.

  • Stance of Kano Residents: Kwankwaso explicitly distanced the population of Kano from the cleric’s comments, asserting that they do not reflect the views of the state’s citizens.

  • Outlook on 2027: Looking ahead to the upcoming general elections, he stated that voters will have the opportunity to evaluate the performance of the current administration at the ballot box.

Continue Reading

latest

Total War In Football: UEFA, AFC, And Concacaf Unleash Blistering ‘Deception’ Attack On FIFA!.

Published

on

In a joint open letter released on August 10, UEFA, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), and Concacaf launched a scathing critique against FIFA and its president, Gianni Infantino, accusing them of breaking the trust of football institutions through deception.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The Core Dispute: The FIFA Forward Enterprise (FFE)

The controversy centers around FIFA’s abandoned FFE proposal, which aimed to establish a new company to manage the commercial and ticketing rights of FIFA competitions—including the World Cup—with a 21 percent stake intended for sale to a private investment firm. The plan was ultimately scrapped following heavy backlash and boycott threats led by UEFA.

While FIFA previously defended itself by condemning efforts to “undermine” leadership and announced an internal review to report to the FIFA Council in October, the three confederations rejected this approach. They argued that proper governance demands an independent third-party investigation rather than a self-review by FIFA staff or stakeholders.

Governance and Lack of Consultation

The three bodies emphasized that the dispute is not financially motivated, but rather concerns institutional integrity, power execution, and stakeholder consultation. They criticized FIFA for pushing the FFE proposal through a compressed timeline designed to avoid proper scrutiny, pointing out that a leadership meeting in Morocco regarding the matter lacked participation from Member Associations or FIFA Council members, featuring only FIFA-employed senior staff.

Concluding their letter with a call for accountability, the confederations urged the global football community to honor unity and demand leadership that serves the game rather than commanding it.

Continue Reading

entertainment

The Ultimate Truth: 2Baba Finally Breaks Silence On Exploding Marital Crisis With Natasha After Shocking Nightclub Showdown!.

Published

on

Legendary Nigerian artist Innocent Idibia, widely known as 2Baba, has publicly addressed reports regarding a marital dispute with his wife, Natasha Osawaru, following an altercation at an Abuja nightclub.....KINDLY READ THE FULL STORY HERE▶

The Nightclub Incident

Reports indicate that Natasha visited Faze’s grand opening event at the 90s Lounge in Abuja, where 2Baba was scheduled to perform. A senior member of 2Baba’s management team stated that Natasha arrived accompanied by security personnel and other men in an attempt to remove the singer from the venue. This arrival caused tension and escalated into a physical confrontation involving 2Baba and members of his management. According to the team, the couple has been living apart for over two months.

2Baba’s Public Response

During his performance at Daddy Showkey’s 50th birthday concert on Sunday, 2Baba spoke out about the incident for the first time. Speaking in Pidgin English, he addressed the crowd, saying, “I don go look for trouble. I don hear am. Going forward ehh, I don decide not to dey look for trouble again. I don go look for trouble, I don hear am.”

When a fan in the audience shouted, “Na love now,” the singer sharply rebuked him, responding, “Na love? You dey craze.”

Continue Reading

Trending